Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

A tough 200km solo around Mayo and a bit of Galway

518910.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It's absolutely not doable! I haven't heard of anyone going from the top.

P.S. it's Glenmacnass!
    Jaysus I've been calling it Glenmacrass for about 10 years now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

delynet wrote: »
    A tough 200km solo around Mayo and a bit of Galway

If there's one thing we do well in Ireland, it's clouds.

Nicely captured delynet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Not a hope unless you don't mind crushing a few of your vertebrae and folding yourself in half at the bottom.

I know someone who claimed to have given it a go. IIRC he was a sponsored kayaker, and gave up kayaking in the end because "I was having to nearly kill myself to get any kind of kick out of it". So that sounds consistent anyway. He was a loon on the MTB too, unsurprisingly.

The most lunatic thing I've heard of kayaking though (and just up from Glenmacnass) was the lad who kayaked off Tonlagee towards Lough Ouler (Yes, there is no water there... it was on snow). He reckoned he was doing about 70 when he parted company from the boat.

Enduro wrote: »
    I know someone who claimed to have given it a go. IIRC he was a sponsored kayaker, and gave up kayaking in the end because "I was having to nearly kill myself to get any kind of kick out of it". So that sounds consistent anyway. He was a loon on the MTB too, unsurprisingly.

The most lunatic thing I've heard of kayaking though (and just up from Glenmacnass) was the lad who kayaked off Tonlagee towards Lough Ouler (Yes, there is no water there... it was on snow). He reckoned he was doing about 70 when he parted company from the boat.
    Just checking out Tonlagee on maps, someone took this 2160 degree drone shot at the top, its quality, best Streetview shot Ive ever seen:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.0530555,-6.3816666,3a,75y,104.02h,63.38t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipNa7y81d-Rzy9v0iK74w01RV-WZgBbWas9OjZhj!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNa7y81d-Rzy9v0iK74w01RV-WZgBbWas9OjZhj%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya20-ro0-fo100!7i8192!8i4096!5m1!1e4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

20200708-091925.jpg
    Heading for Arranmore

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

519288.jpg

Misty masts on the mountain this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Had the absolute pleasure of cycling this boreen last Sunday,one of the Oyster shell roads North of An Rinn,County Waterford.

IMG-1712.jpg

Had the absolute pleasure of cycling this boreen last Sunday,one of the Oyster shell roads North of An Rinn,County Waterford.

Beautiful. Gravel, touring or road bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Beautiful. Gravel, touring or road bike?

A cross bike actually,had ridden a 60 km loop and taking in some of St Declan’s way from South of Mount Melleray through to Ardmore,absolutely class,all kinds of terrain and a bit of hacking through tall grass,should have brought my machete!
    This section just rounded off a near perfect mornings cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

IMG-1712.jpg

An bóthar bán sham!

Sign me up for 20km of that or a lot more , wet or dry. You meet a tractor or something no problem loads of room to negotiate a safe pass and your back to the sound of blissful silence and nature a few minutes later.

Never heard of Oyster Shell Roads before:

https://davidcecelski.com/2019/02/04/the-oyster-shell-road/

A few weeks ago during the Covid restrictions, I did a tour of the South Dublin Border. This morning I did it in reverse heading down the coast first to Shankhill before turning up towards the mountains. I took time out to have a first look at the Lead Mines chimney and St Catherine's Park at Lucan. https://www.strava.com/activities/3741310546

jNwi1IT.jpg

TeoxMVu.jpg

fqsQzIo.jpg

PkJrNUh.jpg

Was there a beverage dispensed through the advertised hatch at Fox's or were they closed?

Was there a beverage dispensed through the advertised hatch at Fox's or were they closed?

Open for coffee, scones, gourmet sandwiches, desserts etc since 1st July. Not sure about the Beecham's Powder ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

Beautiful day yesterday around Mayo. Looking back on Loch Na Fooey here. Odd wheels as I am awaiting bearings for my good wheel.

519665.jpg

What a view. Loving the co-ordination between kit and bike too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It was a looonngg week, beer was required :D

50104657933_d147e9bcf4_z.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i thought that was a tiny swan perched on your back wheel.

• Advertisement

i thought that was a tiny swan perched on your back wheel.

The Swan whisperer I am not :D

Step onto that last step and it's like the charge of the light brigade as they cross the river to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A couple from Friday morning's spin up to the Ben of Howth (even went right at the church!;)). Lovely 360 degree views up there but was worried about my new Pro Ones on those sharp rocks on the last bit of track when you run out of tarmac:eek:

519730.jpg

519731.jpg

(Apologies for the non-driveside fail in the second pic!:o)

A little cruise today, I have to say it felt deadly :)

50109033177_b6ce92b491_c.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

needs moar biggar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

This morning's spin

520029.jpg

520030.jpg

520031.jpg

NCD near Newbarn? It may not have the most dramatic scenery but it can have great skies.

NCD indeed, but i know several newbarns, not sure which one you mean! that was taken from the first (or last, i guess, depending on which direction you're headed) of the three sisters; on the oldtown to naul road, just north of the turnoff for rathgreat/barons hall, looking west.

NCD indeed, but i know several newbarns, not sure which one you mean! that was taken from the first (or last, i guess, depending on which direction you're headed) of the three sisters; on the oldtown to naul road, just north of the turnoff for rathgreat/barons hall, looking west.

I know exactly where you took it and we passed it on a club spin yesterday. The Newbarn I was thinking of is between the R130 (Garristown Road) and the R122 (Oldtown Road) a bit south of the R125.

• Advertisement

Exploring trails around the Sugarloaf:

HDMm2YI.jpg

Advertisement