Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Another couple today twas very hot. :eek:

After the last controversy the road is actually a mural on a wall and the bike is leaning against it :D

Also before it's said these roads see more sheep than cars, also granny ring pics ftw :cool:

51244988148_048c7a6aa7_c.jpg....51244970588_b06b24297b_c.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

please excuse badly positioned bike.

555813.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Something different :pac:

Dutch designed Gazelle bike, first outing with a trailer

555834.jpg

That's a cool setup Cabaal a real pack horse. The only thing I'd change would be for it to be a step through

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That's a cool setup Cabaal a real pack horse.

I still have my road bike but got this as the most super practical bike ever, great to have such good rain protection and built in lights. I have panniers but took them off the other day.

It's certainly not fast but its super comfortable to cycle, though I did manage 30miles on it once.
    First time with a trailer and its interesting when dealing with other road traffic, for the most part people have kept the hell back from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

I spent the weekend down West and got the opportunity to do a bit of cycling on the Mizen peninsula.
    These photographs are from Mount Gabriel with Crookhaven and Mizen peak on the left hand side and Dunmanus Bay and the Sheepshead peninsula on the far right
    IMG-3618.jpg

Overlooking Schull with Cape Clear and Sherkin Islands in the background.

IMG-3624.jpg

IMG-3623.jpg

Incredible weather and scenery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

First pint in a pub since last July. Didn't last long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Daroxtar wrote: »
    First pint in a pub since last July. Didn't last long!!

And a handsome looking pint it is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I seem to have timed this well getting home from a spin earlier.

uDCRwwtCecJ9xpimHlVcb-d77f-9G-hoN2skVrO9SRs-1536x2048.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Action shot, heading into the Ballyvoile tunnel on the Waterford Greenway…

556143.jpeg

Dcully wrote: »
    I seem to have timed this well getting home from a spin earlier.

uDCRwwtCecJ9xpimHlVcb-d77f-9G-hoN2skVrO9SRs-1536x2048.jpg

It can be unusual enough to see the drawbridge up in Monasterevin. As kids we'd be hanging around hoping a barge would come along.

Is it in some way automatic since they refurbed it, I wonder (haven't lived in Monasterevin in 20 years)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

cletus wrote: »
    It can be unusual enough to see the drawbridge up in Monasterevin. As kids we'd be hanging around hoping a barge would come along.

Is it in some way automatic since they refurbed it, I wonder (haven't lived in Monasterevin in 20 years)

I took your place so I'm here 20 years :)

It's still manual with the waterways guys arriving in their van to activate it all.
    Can be rare enough but that's a few I've seen this past week.

The house with the pillar to the left of your picture used to be the gate keepers house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Cabaal wrote: »
    I still have my road bike but got this as the most super practical bike ever, great to have such good rain protection and built in lights. I have panniers but took them off the other day.

It's certainly not fast but its super comfortable to cycle, though I did manage 30miles on it once.
    First time with a trailer and its interesting when dealing with other road traffic, for the most part people have kept the hell back from me.

What model is it? Looks like a great all-rounder and practical bike.
    Did you buy it online or is there a store in Ireland selling them?

What a belter of a day, she's some country when the sun shines.

51257575606_9e91b124ed_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

556526.jpg

Rip Van Winkle's bike?

There's at least three places i pass regularly where there is an old high nelly left out in this fashion.

556527.jpg

Irish gravel

556528.jpg

The end of the gravel road on descent from Baylough; agressive ht or fs after this or a walk :).

That weed might look pretty but there isn't much pretty about it when it establishes a canopy, as it has all over mountain.

A little glimpse of the Vee road Climb in background

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the rhododendron? it's a menace.

Looks to be, is it Mayo/Sligo that has a particular problem with it here vs the rest of the country?

I've seen a bit of hog weed on my travels lately too, not the small stuff at the side of the road the thicker taller stuff. Not something you want to touch if it's leaking sap!!!!!

pretty much most of the west, and the slieve blooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

The Vee is so covered in it that they have an annual festival celebrating it. (Knockmealdowns)

Does look spectacular for a few weeks.

Ecologiical disaster but looks well

I saw an RTE news piece a month or so back in relation to getting farmers to stop burning gorse because we all know how well that goes !!!!!!!

They left horses to the gorse and they chomped their way through it, stripped it bare. I believe it's actually very nutritious for them?

gorse is leguminous, so nutritious.
    and ironically, apparently one of the reasons the fires in killarney were so bad is that a lot of the tinder was rhododendron which had been cut but not removed so after a dry spell exacerbated the situation.

Wow related to peas according to my look up of leguminous.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Old graveyard on Bishops Lane on yesterday's lunchtime ramble

556550.jpg

556583.jpg

Dirt road to Kippure at lunch today. As far as I could make it on this setup, not sure I'd have the lungs to make it much further on a full suss but must try sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

I must've passed you just at the top of the Featherbeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Heraclius

It's really sad to see the state of West Kerry and west Cork. I still see people growing it in their gardens so clearly there is zero effort being made to control it.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Heraclius

smacl wrote: »
    556583.jpg

Dirt road to Kippure at lunch today. As far as I could make it on this setup, not sure I'd have the lungs to make it much further on a full suss but must try sometime.

Lovely photo!

I would like to make it to Kippure this summer but I think my legs will be pretty much useless after an entire year of laziness.

• Advertisement

Plastik wrote: »
    I must've passed you just at the top of the Featherbeds.

A got a shout from someone overtaking me as I was crossing over onto the dirt track, yourself maybe?

Advertisement