Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭meercat

24m822g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Dublin City from the top of Three Rock this morning - first time I've made it to the peak. Then I got a bit lost looking for a route back down towards the Enniskerry Road :o:o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

photo0214m.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lough Tay (not Lough Bray-thanks to Paul Kiernan!) today

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Jawgap wrote: »
    View from Oldbridge towards the Boyne Bridge on the M1

Cracking shot! Could as well read, At Mordor, ring in hand, avoiding orcs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Healy Pass looking into Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

I'll by cycling up that on my loaded touring bike in a few months:eek:

I'll by cycling up that on my loaded touring bike in a few months:eek:

On a day like today it is the most stunningly beautiful climb on this island. Nothing compares to it.

For 200 days a year it is covered in mist & cloud and you can't see a thing. Tough on a fully loaded bike for the last 1pm where it get steep, but every year I've seen people do it.
    When you descend into Kerry take the coast road around Kilmacalogue back and not the main road. Rough road but great views of the bay.

ROK ON wrote: »
    On a day like today it is the most stunningly beautiful climb on this island. Nothing compares to it.

For 200 days a year it is covered in mist & cloud and you can't see a thing. Tough on a fully loaded bike for the last 1pm where it get steep, but every year I've seen people do it.
    When you descend into Kerry take the coast road around Kilmacalogue back and not the main road. Rough road but great views of the bay.
    excellent thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

+ 1 waaay more scenic and you also avoid that boring boll!cks of a climb around Garranes

i'll be coming from mizen and doing the beara.
    thinking of taking ther572from glengarriff when i reach adigole turn right on r574t lauragh then r571 to kenmare how those that sound ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

colm18 wrote: »
    photo0214m.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lough Bray today

Is that not Lough Tay?

i'll be coming from mizen and doing the beara.
    thinking of taking ther572from glengarriff when i reach adigole turn right on r574t lauragh then r571 to kenmare how those that sound ;)

When you descend into Lauragh take a left then imediate right and then take the R573.

http://g.co/maps/vt3un

At point B there is a campsight (the only thing is that you are about 16km from Kenmare and shops. Although there is a great pub at the Killmakiloge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Lough Mask as you come over maumtrasna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

STAY AWAY FROM THAT PUB !!! Last time I was there, it took me 2 full days to leave it ... the Guinness there is like Black IceCream, pure Heaven on Earth ;)
    Although there is a great pub at the Killmakiloge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Carrowdore, Co. Down

IMAG0096.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Went for a training ride with some of the Gang around the Ring of Kerry on Saturday. Very tough going with a headwind or gusting crosswind for all but the climb of Molls Gap and the last ~6km back into Killarney. If it had to be character building at least it was in some spectacular scenery!

zlvp04.jpg
    The (very windswept) view from the top of Coomaciste

w0n40.jpg
    And a view towards the Gap of Dunloe from Molls Gap

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Is that not Lough Tay?

ah, very possibly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I want to move to Kerry!

When you descend into Lauragh take a left then imediate right and then take the R573.

http://g.co/maps/vt3un

At point B there is a campsight (the only thing is that you are about 16km from Kenmare and shops. Although there is a great pub at the Killmakiloge.
    Rok on don't suppose you know the name of that campsit cheers.

Rok on don't suppose you know the name of that campsit cheers.

I don't. It's attached to a hostel.
    On the map if you look at the junction where the R571 meets the R573 near Clonee Lough. That's where it is.

Also if you do a Websearch their is a campsite on the Kerry side of the Healy Pass as well as a fair few in Kenmare.

If you are going to cycle on the Beara you really should head out toward Allihies. Stunning. Only issue is that there are three 1km climbs with very steep gradients - high teens. But it is worth it.

• Advertisement

I don't. It's attached to a hostel.
    On the map if you look at the junction where the R571 meets the R573 near Clonee Lough. That's where it is.

Also if you do a Websearch their is a campsite on the Kerry side of the Healy Pass as well as a fair few in Kenmare.

If you are going to cycle on the Beara you really should head out toward Allihies. Stunning. Only issue is that there are three 1km climbs with very steep gradients - high teens. But it is worth it.
    cheers Roc ON i'll mark that on me map ,don't honestly think i could get over all those climbs if i reach the campsite in one piece i'll be happy :D
    thanks for all the info great help i'll buy you a pint if we bump into each other ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭sgriffin

Lovely weather for a mountainbike spin today around Slade Valley, Saggart.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

cycling home after work last night

197793.jpg

197794.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

cycling home after work last nigh
    Lucky git!

Lucky git!

you wouldnt be saying that most of the year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Lac de Gaves. Hautacam on left, Tourmalet and Luz Ardiden down the middle and Pont d'Espagne and Cambasque on right.
    lac-de-gaves-2527.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

that is so damn pretty velop!
    the difference in the pictures from MTB to road is nice to see. some people flaking up a tarmac mountain pass and others thrashing through mucky woodland:)

Lac de Gaves. Hautacam on left, Tourmalet and Luz Ardiden down the middle and Pont d'Espagne and Cambasque on right.

forgot i was a mod BANNED ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

529887_3604386909936_1281523119_33496207_970642591_n.jpg

The Cut, Slieve Blooms

529382_3604389429999_1281523119_33496214_2100833822_n.jpg

View from the descent of The Wolftrap, also in the Slieve Blooms

Sorry about the picture quality, my photography skills are every bit as bad as my climbing ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Magnifique! The view is a liitle spoiled by that electricity pylon (and its reflection). You certainly have an eye for a picture velopeloton - chapeau!

Advertisement