Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Royston Vasey....
    Better known as Chubby Brown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

Glenmacnass waterfall today

86843aac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

what waterfall? :) nice bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Well I googled "Royston Vasey" but I'm none the wiser:confused:. I did come across a reference to a cursed vet who causes the death of every animal he treats?

The League of Gentlemen.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

A few taken Today going round Lough Mask.
    For the Audax riders Quiet Man 300 route takes you along this road in opposite direction than photos taken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

(Re) Cycling Art - taken on the road from Glengariff to Caha Pass just at the entrance to http://www.theewe.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

too common a sight (ballynoe, cork)

http://app.strava.com/rides/5982996

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Rob987 wrote: »
    Glenmacnass waterfall today

86843aac.jpg

Can't see any waterfall. However, if you just want to show off your bike here's the rules.

1. Photos must be posted here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1374195

2. Bike must be photographed from the drive side.

3. (And most importantly) All photos of your bike must be taken in your kitchen, so we can all make insulting and derisory comments about your poor taste in fitted units. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

In fairness, it's a very nice bike. And if it was photographed from the drive side, we'd never see that wonderful bling detailing on the inside of the cranks.

What is that on the rock though? Is it a tube of toothpaste?

And is it really too much to ask for matching water bottles? I mean, you wear matching socks, don't you? Don't You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

6891737292_6d06fe1587_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Lake Taupo
    taupo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

^^^^^^ Happy memories - almost 4 years ago to the day since I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭n-dawg

198658.jpg

End of a long day cycling around the Isle of Arran, Scotland... Great route on very quite roads

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Thats a magic picture there rocstar.

What is that on the rock though? Is it a tube of toothpaste?

And is it really too much to ask for matching water bottles? I mean, you wear matching socks, don't you? Don't You?

LOL - that's the wrapper from my cereal bar...Will get matching water bottle!!

And in keeping with the subject of this thread, I now attach a proper photo of Glenmacnass - minus Trek Madone.

bf590d74.jpg

Some pics from the Alpes last July

Croix de Fer

00bdd653.jpg

Galibier

83c57817.jpg

8ea34af4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Hautacam in the rain this afternoon.
    spandelles-hautacam.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

@velopeleton - im not sure if its been asked before, but what camera do you use? It takes a very nice picture! The scenery helps aswell.

lennymc wrote: »
    @velopeleton - im not sure if its been asked before, but what camera do you use? It takes a very nice picture! The scenery helps aswell.

Question is, is it the camera or the photographer?
    It's like asking Cadel Evens what bike he rides :D

Mostly I use a Canon 500d slr. It's a good camera but bulky and heavy to be carting on the bike on any long rides or in bad weather.
    The photo above is taken with an Olympus FE-200, which is ****. It fits into my jersey pocket and I don't care if it gets wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭meercat

thanks velopeloton,i was wondering the same thing myself
    great pictures

thanks lennymc for asking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

2pp0hfl.jpg
    too common a sight (Saturdays ride through ballynoe, cork) (not so common if you cant upload files properly:))

http://app.strava.com/rides/5982996

Col du Spandelles, before the rain. Col d'Aubisque is across the valley.
    spandelles-hautacam-4020001.jpg
    spandelles-hautacam-4020022.jpg
    http://app.strava.com/rides/6098216

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

can i ask what youre actually doing velope? have you taken a few months off work to travel? or just a few weeks to cycle around europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

can i ask what youre actually doing velope? have you taken a few months off work to travel? or just a few weeks to cycle around europe?

Hah! That IS work!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

He has the absolute best office in the world I think you'll agree. :(

We live in the Pyrénées, run a cyclist only guest-house near Lourdes.

ah feck off now! no wonder you were taking pictures of them when i used hang around here last year! thought you'd gone back :D how long have you been doing that for? what a fantastically different job kudos

ah feck off now! no wonder you were taking pictures of them when i used hang around here last year! thought you'd gone back :D how long have you been doing that for? what a fantastically different job kudos

2012 is our fourth year. Very different to life in Ireland, love the French way of life, the weather and the cycling, so far so good! Miss Ireland too and all the family and friends we left behind. The summer months are very hard work (5 months without a day off, 7am to 10pm) but great craic with all the comings and goings, we have cyclists from all over the world. In 2012 we will have cyclists from 20 different countries, mostly Aussies and Americans.

that is amazing! i would say it is very tiring alright. but at least the business is viable it seems! well done for taking such a big risk

not a bad ol area either...but not a patch on Normandy for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Question is, is it the camera or the photographer?
    It's like asking Cadel Evens what bike he rides :D

Mostly I use a Canon 500d slr. It's a good camera but bulky and heavy to be carting on the bike on any long rides or in bad weather.
    The photo above is taken with an Olympus FE-200, which is ****. It fits into my jersey pocket and I don't care if it gets wet.

obviously the skill is in the person operating the camera velo :)

Ill be in the pyrenees later on in the year and am torn between bringing my dslr or a point and shoot. the point and shoot would be a lot lighter, but the dslr takes a nicer picture.

thanks for the response!

Advertisement