Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

SomeFool wrote: »
    Some from a recent touring trip

581746_10151867236687932_1462582810_n.jpg

1148974_10151867193847932_687282560_n.jpg

Where were you touring? I want to go to there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Where were you touring? I want to go to there.

First looks very like the descent from Ballaghbeama to Glencar. Kerry?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

on holidays in Cavallino, near venice last week. campsite was renting bikes, so thought, what the hell, dragged some of the in-laws out for a 25k spin.

you;d nearly guess it was italy..

IMG_0918_zpsa8cf3c1f.jpg

IMG_0919_zpsc8c5fe9d.jpg

started out on a town bike, but one of the kids had taken a bike and couldn't get on with it so i swapped, meaning i did most of the trip on this. pic taken looking over towards Venice, which is reached via ferry

IMG_0921_zpsefca9c4a.jpg

lot to be said for their cycle lanes though. 12k dead straight road, not a single turn, with this the whole way along it

IMG_0926_zps71aaca8f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

smacl wrote: »

Spot on! Second one is from the top of the Conner pass, I did west cork, Kerry, Clare, Galway and mayo, best pics are from Kerry but weather was poor too in other county's for good photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

smacl wrote: »
    Spot on! Second one is from the top of the Conner pass, I did west cork, Kerry, Clare, Galway and mayo, best pics are from Kerry but weather was poor too in other county's for good photos

Thanks, might try make a weekend in Kerry before the season is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

What's the bike by the way? Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Its a Kinesis Decade Tripster, halo 29er wheels, avid brakes, slx mech & cranks, Tiagra shifters. Very solid build and great fun to ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Laundry_Hamper

Its a Kinesis Decade Tripster, halo 29er wheels, avid brakes, slx mech & cranks, Tiagra shifters. Very solid build and great fun to ride.

I would love a disc-equipped road bike. Have you a triple on it, or are you too hardcore for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

2 from a recent trip to Dingle

Up the Conor Pass and looking back down to Dingle

078AD560500846A09727C70EF3F5AE4A-0000318644-0003332158-00640L-A695B027BF1C44D49E58A7D27B68E4B0.jpg

From my spin around Slea Head, it was a wild evening, you' really haven't experienced wind until you hit a block headwind like I hit tonight, unreal !

B6C89A365D8546CF845C576A341E6B75-0000318644-0003332157-00640L-1622743C3691447485F4216A26DF2914.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twaimkit

Stunnng pictures particurally the second one. Wasnt sure id be able to do the connor pass yet and putting it off until next year but your pictures have convinced me to give it a try sooner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

twaimkit wrote: »
    Stunnng pictures particurally the second one. Wasnt sure id be able to do the connor pass yet and putting it off until next year but your pictures have convinced me to give it a try sooner :)

Cheers, stunning views on that Slea Head route, pity I didn't have my 'good' camera!

As regards Conor Pass, it isn't too bad from the Dingle side, no mad gradient/steepness, just a rolling 6/7% for most of it, slighter lesser at the start.
    If you have enough gearing then you'll be fine, just prepare yourself for a long climb in the saddle. The climb from the other side is shorter (by a km) but steeper. Note: the wind can be advantageous or a killer while climbing, but very tricky on both descents.

Edit: I'm just after clicking back a page and seeing ror_74's photos, ye must be fed up of seeing Dingle photos LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twaimkit

"As regards Conor Pass, it isn't too bad from the Dingle side, no mad gradient/steepness, just a rolling 6/7% for most of it, slighter lesser at the start.
    If you have enough gearing then you'll be fine, just prepare yourself for a long climb in the saddle. The climb from the other side is shorter (by a km) but steeper. Note: the wind can be advantageous or a killer while climbing, but very tricky on both descents."

Thanks for the advice all gratefully accepted and there may be another picture of slea head up soon:D

Edit: I'm just after clicking back a page and seeing ror_74's photos, ye must be fed up of seeing Dingle photos LOL[/QUOTE]

I dont thiink anyone gets fed up of looking at great pics especially cork and Kerry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Definitely not fed up of Dingle pictures given the beautiful ones on these last couple pages. That one of Slea head is gorgeous. Definitely want to do Conor pass some day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

dxfy.jpg

Out near Dunmore East in Waterford a couple of months back. You're looking back towards Passage East / Waterford.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

some more of recent trip to Italy (including shameful helmet straps over shades snap)

[IMG][/img]xoei.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG][/img]amd0.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Nice, might have been better if you're head wasn't in the way :) (no offence)
    Whats the climb behind you in no.1?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

coastwatch wrote: »
    Nice, might have been better if you're head wasn't in the way :) (no offence)
    Whats the climb behind you in no.1?

Ha, how dare you..

that's the western side of the stelvio pass behind me, I actually ascended and descended from the east side ( there's a few pics of that a few pages back, p.141). Really regret not going up and down both sides now..next time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

20130809_121245_zpse62c4950.jpg

A nice lunch spin down along the foreshore. Try get 10km+ along here 4 days a week when it's nice enough to be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

The photo doesn't really do it justice but, descending from the Viewing Point past Cruagh Wood, the view across Dublin past Howth to Irelands Eye and Lambay Island yesterday helped me forget wanting to puke on the way up Stocking Lane a few minutes earlier :D

2013_%25208_%25209_10_20.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Last ones from the trip :

The Burren

_DSC1118_zps9efd9003.jpg
    _DSC1122_zpseecc8956.jpg
    _DSC1131_zps78bb3e42.jpg
    _DSC1139_zpse7e301cd.jpg

Outside Fermoy

_DSC1212_zpsa0cf4abd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Outside Fermoy

_DSC1212_zpsa0cf4abd.jpg[/quote]

What gearing have you on bike?
    Any lumpy roads cause you much pain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

great eye for taking photos class.
    btw is that a stainless steel frameset its really nice.

ford2600 wrote: »
    Outside Fermoy

What gearing have you on bike?
    Any lumpy roads cause you much pain?

Its 48 x 16. Yeah - Kerry and Clare are all lumps and wind. It was pretty sore at times, but not too bad.

great eye for taking photos class.
    btw is that a stainless steel frameset its really nice.

Thank you sir. Its chrome steel. Has a SS look alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

yeah it's a fantastic looking set up,not so sure about the fixed gear though taks some getting used too i love loads of gears.:D:D

thanks for sharing photos and bike both magic.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,653 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Did you do it ss or fixed? 48/16's a hefty enough gear for long spins.

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Did you do it ss or fixed? 48/16's a hefty enough gear for long spins.

Fixed. Yeah it was ok, just about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I got a considerable distance up the mountain today, as high as you can get on the roads I think 1142m, still not even half way.
    The views back down, I guess ye are probably sick of the mountain itself by now...
    20130810_114642_zpsd9ecc092.jpg
    20130810_114639_zps6cc8abe4.jpg
    http://www.strava.com/activities/73478452
    Really hard work to get up to it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Lazio. Half way up a mountain.
    266636.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

266641.jpg

266643.jpg

Advertisement