Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Very nice, Twaimkit - wanted to go myself a few weeks back but couldn't in the end. Its on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twaimkit

ror_74 wrote: »
    Very nice, Twaimkit - wanted to go myself a few weeks back but couldn't in the end. Its on the list.
    Thanks. It was a great day a bit of rain alot of sun and very well organised. I May even get to do the 180 next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

First things first, coffee at La Bouille:

DSCN4018_zps1218cae4.jpg

Then a shot along the river bank:

DSCN4024_zpsafe1c41f.jpg

Waiting for the ferry to cross the river near Jumièges, f.o.c. of course, this is France after all:

DSCN4031_zps81630d6e.jpg

At the 9th Century Abbaye de Jumièges:

DSCN4043_zpse9cb6860.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Part of a 16km closed road between Casalvieri and Roccasecca, Italy.

268261.jpg

• Advertisement

Ile Lacroix, Rouen, somewhere secure to lock your bike:
    SAM_0818_zpsf841d9fa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

gray eagle are you on tour.
    stunning photos.

No, I'm on visiting grandchildren duties and sliding out for a few Kms when the noise gets too much:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jgreene83

First post here so hopefully it uploads, some swans by the canal this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

well captured what canal is that and how far can you actually cycle on it.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jgreene83

Took it on the Grand Canal, just before you go under the m50. There's more info on cycling on the grand canal here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Out spinning the legs in the sun this afternoon...

268541.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

Oh, the humanity. Won't someone think of the children. The size of those water bottles.

Plastik wrote: »
    Oh, the humanity. Won't someone think of the children. The size of those water bottles.

There's only one, the other yoke is there instead of hanging a suitcase off my saddle, or having my back pockets stuffed with puncture repair stuff.

I thought you'd have mentioned the steerer tube before my bottles to be honest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

9570379329_e658757b19_b.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

colm_gti wrote: »
    There's only one, the other yoke is there instead of hanging a suitcase off my saddle, or having my back pockets stuffed with puncture repair stuff.

I thought you'd have mentioned the steerer tube before my bottles to be honest :P

The steerer tube is an abomination on an otherwise lovely bike. I'm guilty of the same thing myself though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    The steerer tube is an abomination on an otherwise lovely bike. I'm guilty of the same thing myself though.

It's only a few months old, I've been racing it too often to leave it in to get the steerer tube chopped, it's a job that'll get done at some stage in September ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

Colm, we have had the steerer conversation already. And even tool bottles should be of the 500ml variety :pac:

Plastik wrote: »
    Colm, we have had the steerer conversation already. And even tool bottles should be of the 500ml variety :pac:

Ah, I'm hoping I'll soon have a team car following me around on spins, so I won't need to carry puncture repair kits.... wishful thinking :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It's only a few months old, I've been racing it too often to leave it in to get the steerer tube chopped, it's a job that'll get done at some stage in September ;)

I was planning to do it myself tbh. It fills me with trepidation but I refuse to pay bike mechanics.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

268618.JPG

268619.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Straatvark

Meerendal MTB Trails. Somebody let the sun out. Brlliant

Table Mountain/Atlantic ocean direction
    2013-08-25+10.46.37.jpg

Panaramic
    2013-08-25+10.48.01.jpg

Please don't kill yourself.. Please don't kill yourself... Please...
    (Stellenbosh/Paarl direction)
    2013-08-25+11.02.22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Lions gate bridge in Vancouver. A nice easy 31km cycle around the city
    269007.jpg

Back home to the more mundane but no less scenic Laytown:

DSCN4134_zpsa415f165.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Short spin morning after the skt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Taken on top of Three Rock this morning, only the 2nd time I've made it to the top this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wpt1

Straatvark wrote: »
    Meerendal MTB Trails. Somebody let the sun out. Brlliant

Table Mountain/Atlantic ocean direction
    2013-08-25+10.46.37.jpg

Panaramic
    2013-08-25+10.48.01.jpg

Please don't kill yourself.. Please don't kill yourself... Please...
    (Stellenbosh/Paarl direction)
    2013-08-25+11.02.22.jpg

amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

RainyDay wrote: »
    Taken on top of Three Rock this morning, only the 2nd time I've made it to the top this year

What route do you take up to there, I'd be coming from Bray direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    What route do you take up to there, I'd be coming from Bray direction.

I come up from the other side, up Ticknock Road and up the fire road. I go down the opposite side, down a gravel track and out onto Barnaculla around here; http://goo.gl/maps/UeZTx and out beside Buckleys Fireplaces.

If you're coming from Bray, it would probably make sense to do it in reverse and come up from Barnaculla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

went down the greenway from westport to mulranny, very very impressed. no good for training but a great spin for a rec ride, beautiful part of the country.

Advertisement