Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

ROK ON wrote: »
    ?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=1310f910004f7fb5

?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=1310f90898b04a1f

Apologies, I have no idea how to rotate the image.

Looks like you're linking to photos in your email. You need to host them somewhere or attach them to your post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Went for a cycle with Boards user Twinsen today, really nice day :)

His bike on the left, mine on the right

HUqIi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

From my first 50k cycle, a milestone for me. :)
    This is a section of the Blessington lakes, taken from the first bridge along the Valleymount road.
    271151_10150238431664608_603144607_7427172_4881798_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Starting to increase my distance, did 70km through the Wicklow mountains at the weekend. I'm planning on taking the bike to Kerry later in the month. Have a couple of cycles planned.

dsc01325b.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 darraghnoob

Was cycling out to Howth and say this fire raging at Sutton Cross last night

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

On the hire bike in the heat of Spain, on my daily timeout from the kids for an hour or so. The 13kg bike is great for the training!

imag0088e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gmoorewest

Taken in Mallorca, Porto Pollensa in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My first tIme up Howth Hill today, did it in sub 13 minutes which I am VERY happy with my first go.
    Beautiful day for a spin along the coast.
    279493_10150241036739608_603144607_7455860_7272143_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Tallon wrote: »
    Went for a cycle with Boards user Twinsen today, really nice day :)

His bike on the left, mine on the right

HUqIi.jpg

gotta fix that saddle..sorry for going OT!

• Advertisement

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

picture.php?albumid=1773&pictureid=10082

picture.php?albumid=1773&pictureid=10083

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Looking towards the start line
    IMG_2296.JPG
    Foodstop at bottom of Galibier
    IMG_2299.JPG
    Start of Galibier
    IMG_2303.JPG
    Galibier
    IMG_2305.JPG
    View of the far side of the Galibier
    IMG_2312.JPG
    Alpe du huez!
    IMG_2319.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Tallon wrote: »
    Which one?

I think he means the one on the left, saddle shouldn't really be pointing down at that angle. See Sheldon Brown's advice

282424_10150237195311436_553321435_7858373_7364850_n.jpg

I stopped here about 3Km from my house and was going to finish my cycle as I wasn't feeling the best and am pretty unfit! Anyway, it's a Vigil and I had a sit down and had a chat with my Dad, something I have never ever done, (I haven't even grieved him yet) and it really really helped me.

He gave me the strength to push myself another 15KM and got me home safe and without being out of breath or feeling bad about myself!

Make of that what you will, but my dad was with me today.

Love you dad, and I love my family who have been nothing but supportive and full of good things to say.

Life is what you make it! Respect your loved ones, and be happy with what you have!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Morrón de Espuña 1583m as conquered by my good self yesterday. GPS tells me the main portion of the climb is 12.7km at an 8% average and a max of 16%, **** me it was hard work.

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I came across this horny ol' bastard on Kellystown Road this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I dont know if this is simply a co-incidence, or a rather clever play on words..?

Perhaps there's a story behind the name................anyway, anyone know where this is?:D

24072011.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Is that not Sean Kellys gaff on the road from Dungarvan to carrick? ISTR something like that on a Sean Kelly Tour of Waterord?

Spot on, ROK ON - you get the prize. Its about 4-5k from Carrick on the Dungarvan road, and very near to the Kelly homestead. I dont know if this greenbelt plantation is actually Kellys, or related to him some other way, or just some homage to his Paris-Roubaix exploits from neighbour, but its nice nonetheless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Spot on, ROK ON - you get the prize. Its about 4-5k from Carrick on the Dungarvan road, and very near to the Kelly homestead. I dont know if this greenbelt plantation is actually Kellys, or related to him some other way, or just some homage to his Paris-Roubaix exploits from neighbour, but its nice nonetheless!

I'd say it could be coincidence, as if it was some form of tribute, it'd be spelled correctly (Arenberg rather than Aranberg)... :)

Tiny, thats what I meant by a play on words...........Aran = a very Irish name.....but Arenberg obviously referring to PR. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

From today's commute..... (taken with a mobile phone - hence the quality!)

From Snwotown to the sea
    168436.JPG

168437.JPG

Cooley and the Mournes and my house (somewhere down there)......
    168438.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Col du Tourmalet this morning.
    miguel-induraine-tourmalet-2.jpg

miguel-induraine-tourmalet-4.jpg

miguel-induraine-tourmalet-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Great shots. Love the last one. Who is the guy to Big Migs right . Looks familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

sy wrote: »
    Great shots. Love the last one. Who is the guy to Big Migs right . Looks familiar.
    No one I recognised, I think they are just some friends of his, It is 20 years ago today he won his first Tour. He was riding the route of stage 16 from the 1991 Tour. The stage he got the jersey.
    miguel-induraine-tourmalet-16.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I decided it would be best if I let the Cows pass, rather then try and cycle through them (Near Castlemaine, Kerry).

dsc01346iy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

picture.php?albumid=1758&pictureid=10231

Skerries last Friday. Stopped for a refreshing drink as the sun went down..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

brittas.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

our mechanic took these photos on the last stage of the tain team tour heading up the Long Woman's Grave in Dundalk, the final climb of the day. The race passed through the clouds up and up and up. below is a view of carlingford lough and another of me suffering long before the finish.

5998120888_d38100aaeb.jpg

5997572003_fcd8491848.jpg

Advertisement