Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Laundry_Hamper

Riding into darkness

agXP8a0h.jpg

2eBPSRHh.jpg

D7zdH46h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

denbatt wrote: »
    Outside Killumney. Anyone know the story with this? Its bothered me every time i pass it.

ladder_zps9303fab6.jpg

:)

I asked one of the chaps in my customary bike shop about this, he being a local to those parts. He knew exactly which ladder you were referring to! His kid had even asked him about it, too. And... no-one has the slightest idea of what it's there for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Unfinished slide?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Lazy Led Zeppelin fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I meant to post this one up earlier. I took this as I was leaving the house on the morning of the recent Swords CC Rainbow Sportive.

275224.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 thetoffeeman

Lemag wrote: »
    A bit of RD and chain trouble today brought a halt to my cycle after about 20 km. Whilst awaiting the rescue team I amused myself by observing a ladybird on my saddle. As shown in the picture it seemed to have an attraction to the red stitching. I assume (wrongly?) that ladybirds are colour blind and therefore it wasn't mistaking the stitching for a mate. Any entomologists on here care to enlighten me as to the reason for its behaviour? TsIvL.jpg
    shouldn't it be wearing a helmet?

Lemag wrote: »
    I assume (wrongly?) that ladybirds are colour blind and therefore it wasn't mistaking the stitching for a mate.
    Apparently most insects have dichromatic vision, so it's not impossible it's the color and pattern that's attracting her. Whether she's thinking "hot bloke!" or "tasty aphids!", I'd have even less notion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

A few more here from the heat wave. July 20th I think,

1009773_562535023792848_629800155_n.jpg

944496_562535150459502_1018737240_n.jpg

Love how open this area is!

1002564_562535203792830_306742793_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Sally Gap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

alaimacerc wrote: »
    I asked one of the chaps in my customary bike shop about this, he being a local to those parts. He knew exactly which ladder you were referring to! His kid had even asked him about it, too. And... no-one has the slightest idea of what it's there for.

am reliably informed via two locals, that there was to be an obstacle course/fitness training centre that never got going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

am reliably informed via two locals, that there was to be an obstacle course/fitness training centre that never got going.
    Sounds like something from the Fr Ted village fete.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Strange location? Thanks for the info tho. It has bothered me for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Bellewstown.

275671.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Submarine on quay in Cork. Dutch vessel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Raam wrote: »
    Bellewstown.

275671.jpg

Sweet ride man..

The willier doesn't look to bad either.. :D

That saddle :eek: Dare I ask is it comfortable?

Mr.Fred wrote: »

That saddle :eek: Dare I ask is it comfortable?

Yeah it's surprisingly comfortable. I bought it shortly before a trip to the Alps for a week and hadn't ridden it much, so I was a bit apprehensive about doing long days on it. It turned out OK in the end. Main thing for me is the cut-away section. They work well for me.

http://www.mcconveycycles.com/store/product/15757/Specialized-Sworks-Bg-Toupe-Carbon-Saddle-143mm/

large-SPECIALIZED%20S-WORKS%20BG%20TOUPE%20CARBON%20SADDLE%20143MM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

They could hardly sell this as a cut away more of a what we couldn't cut away saddle.

Looks the part though you're a brave man picking up a new saddle and heading off to the alps to break it in.

Your bike is the mutts nuts nice rims also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Bellewstown.

275671.jpg

Drive side fail Raam. Rookie error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

did you know if you cycled the bike on the right of your superlightweigh machine up those hills in bellews town you would only be a few kph faster and thats the truth.nice bike though.

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    They could hardly sell this as a cut away more of a what we couldn't cut away saddle.

Looks the part though you're a brave man picking up a new saddle and heading off to the alps to break it in.

Your bike is the mutts nuts nice rims also.

I did bring my old one, just in case. Just to keep it on topic, here is a photo taken on a cycle from Dublin to Dungarvan with the old saddle. It stopped being comfortable with about 80km to go.

• Advertisement

did you know if you cycled the bike on the right of your superlightweigh machine up those hills in bellews town you would only be a few kph faster and thats the truth.nice bike though.

I would not cycle the bike on the right, ever. So I'd never get up the hill on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

It stopped being comfortable with about 80km to go.

That'd be an 80km cycle then, would it?

Wow. That's pretty abortive, all right. I shall pass this key intelligence along!
    RainyDay wrote: »
    Sounds like something from the Fr Ted village fete.

Careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

IMG_0009.jpg

Got to meet the man himself today at the Tour of Midlands.
    Sound to have a brief chat with. Had to laugh when I handed him the bike,
    the first thing he did was to put his foot on the bottom bracket and test the flex in the frame.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

wow class and he keeps his bike grand and clean LEGEND:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

That hat makes him look like some sort of elf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Straatvark

The big rock yesterday
    2013-10-13+11.25.11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Kodak corner
    image_zpsdd945068.jpg

image_zps20932af6.jpg

Fresh off the presses from out by the Inniscara reservoir this evening. Best photo of a bad lot...
    GEDC3413.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Stunning day for a spin.

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

Advertisement