Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Seweryn wrote: »
    On my evening commute home. Can't really name the place and passing there rarely I decided to stop and take a shot.

13112269305_452dcb711e_c.jpg

Crosspatrick, not far from Urlingford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

On my evening commute home.

Really nice photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

On my evening commute home. Can't really name the place and passing there rarely I decided to stop and take a shot.

13112269305_452dcb711e_c.jpg
    If your bike was substituted with an old black Raleigh, the picture could be from 1974.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Can I ask what kind of bag you have on the bike. Looks ideal for a spin I'm planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Fathead wrote: »
    Can I ask what kind of bag you have on the bike. Looks ideal for a spin I'm planning.
    Sure, it is this one :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Went for a spin around the slopes of Mt Leinster yesterday evening, and what an evening for it, spectacular.

5323D1F6F07E40DE909408DD661CECE5-0000318644-0003516931-00800L-96FE566802494F36AE101D2FE22BEBC4.jpg

My low quality fone camera doesn't do it justice, but you can just imagine the peaceful setting, the climb, the views, the stone walls, the moon, the sheep :pac:, and if you look closely you can see the sufferfest that is the 'mast climb' !! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Went for a spin around the slopes of Mt Leinster yesterday evening, and what an evening for it, spectacular.

5323D1F6F07E40DE909408DD661CECE5-0000318644-0003516931-00800L-96FE566802494F36AE101D2FE22BEBC4.jpg

My low quality fone camera doesn't do it justice, but you can just imagine the peaceful setting, the climb, the views, the stone walls, the moon, the sheep :pac:, and if you look closely you can see the sufferfest that is the 'mast climb' !! :eek:

Nice !. What's the gradient on the mast climb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

ror_74 wrote: »
    Nice !. What's the gradient on the mast climb ?

You don't wanna know :pac:
    2.6km @ 14%

The section I was on yesterday evening was: 4.9km @ 6%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jgreene83

Spin around North Kildare this afternoon.

Lyons Estate
    IMAG1036_1_zpsvi6da5kf.jpg

Straffan
    IMAG1037_1_zpsprrhqq77.jpg

Clongowes Wood College Entrance
    IMAG1039_1_zpsd9eqcpbp.jpg

Kilcock
    IMAG1041_1_zpsccke2sxt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Viewing Point this morning.

IMAG0036_zpsc2d2d36b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

The new girl looking not at all like a budget bike on the way down to Laragh.

20140312_142724.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Good god, but the mist is heavy tonight. Or is it very wet fog? Or extremely low cloud? At any rate, it's another soft and heavy afternoon and evening in Caaaaark.

GEDC3530.JPG

GEDC3535.JPG

GEDC3543.JPG

GEDC3546.JPG

GEDC3557.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Alaimacerc

I think I passed you in Killumney last night. We get a fair bit of mist out this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Alaimacerc

I think I passed you in Killumney last night. We get a fair bit of mist out this way.

You have the advantage of me! Were you cycling or driving?

No shortage of mist in these parts; I live at the foot of the airport hill, and it must be the foggiest location for aviation anyone's ever thought of. And it seems to have been pretty widespread, judging by what they were saying on the UK weather forecast afterwards (hindcast?). Wouldn't have expected it to get so misty so quickly from the weather earlier, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Worth getting up for.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Conor pass yesterday. My first time up it.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

Spin to trim this morning .
    https://www.strava.com/activities/120757560

DA82339D-A498-42AC-B885-817A8BC6C039_zpsvctx5tou.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

IMG_5614_zps6958cde6.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

looking out over lough derg this evening, beautiful sunny evening for a spin

20140315_164316_zpsf8128129.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

What's with all these otherwise beautiful scenic photos being spoiled by the need for bikes to be placed prominently in the foreground, it's ok we'll believe you cycled there, we don't need the proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Because there's just as much beauty in the bike as there is in the landscape. Double the beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

mossym wrote: »
    looking out over lough derg this evening, beautiful sunny evening for a spin

20140315_164316_zpsf8128129.jpg

Absolutely beautiful, on both counts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

jinkypolly wrote: »
    What's with all these otherwise beautiful scenic photos being spoiled by the need for bikes to be placed prominently in the foreground, it's ok we'll believe you cycled there, we don't need the proof.

i have the non bike version too.you might just rip it off though, so i put my bike in it to prevent that.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

i'm thinking this is the whole point of this thread,besides we are all cyclists so bikes come first scenery second.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Sorry, no bike in shot. I'll make up for it tomorrow
    Scenery will have to do for now
    34orgo2.jpg335bls4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I think it's the photography forum you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Top of Molls Gap. Unreal day for a cycle. Clear blue skies all around

WP_20140315_003_zpsd4922baa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Spoiled?

That's funny because the last time I checked, the name of this sub forum is called 'Cycling'..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jesus wept! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Zyzz wrote: »
    Spoiled?

That's funny because the last time I checked, the name of this sub forum is called 'Cycling'..
    Jesus wept! :(

Oh dry your eyes for God's sake.

Advertisement