Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roast beef

Options
  • 02-04-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Im just wondering how you cook your Roast beef?
    I have 3 pounds of Salmon cut roast to cook, im thinking on putting it in a roasting bag with half a cup of water for 30 minutes at 180 degrees celsius and then 2 hours at 160c. Does this sound ok in your opinion? I prefer for the beef to be well done but im a bit unsure of the method and cooking times etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

My way of roasting beef is to make sure it's dry, then season it well all over with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then put it in the oven at 250 degrees for 20 mins, then turn it down to 180 degrees for the remainder of the cooking time - which I never calculate, I just 'know' when it's done (years of practice). Then it comes out of the oven to rest for 30 mins before carving and serving. I like my beef dark brown on the outside, but retaining some pink in the middle.

I've never used a roasting bag, nor put water anywhere near my roasting beef, so I'm afraid I can't help much with your proposed method. I would say that beef needs a good shot of heat to start with to ensure a nicely browned exterior, which is where a lot of the flavour comes from.

Good luck with it, and let us know how it turns out.

Advertisement