Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy White Honda Civic

Options
  • 02-04-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Live in Gleann Dara with my g/f and another couple. Last wednesday we noticed 2 men in a white honda civic (old type) sittin outside out house at approx 2 am...they sat for 45 mins/hour and drove off, they came back again on Friday night and did the same thing. I didnt notice as i was in bed but the other couple in the house were in the living room, (tv/lights on) and noticed both nights. On Weds past, it was just me and my g/f in the house, went to bed around half 1 with all the lights turned off. At 2.15 am the doorbell rang. I went and looked out the window, they seen me and drove off..The next day we ran out of oil...its been 2 monthes since our last fill so if they stole it there wouldnt be much there to steal. We had our oil during the Xmas holidays aswel...Went to Gardai but had no No. plate....Just a warning to anyone who see's this car pulling outside their house...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

We had a car pull up outside ours too we live in Bun Caise but i couldnt tell you if it was a honda civic, we had the lights on in the house, and one of my housemates went out and asked them were they looking for someone, they just said no and left it at that. Very Very strange though.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

first thing you do when ya see a dodgy car is get reg and call cops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

grow a set of balls and go out and tell them to f**k off, a hurley across the bonnet of the Honda should give them the message

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

grow a set of balls and go out and tell them to f**k off, a hurley across the bonnet of the Honda should give them the message
    Yeah and that's not going to start a feud right on ur doorstep. Remember they already know what u look like and where u live. That civic could be robbed.

Honda occupants: "jaysus that guy with the big shtick taught us a lesson, better not go and get a few more heads to come back with slash hooks and burn the ****ing place down"

Seriously dude there's more effective ways of getting control of situations like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

User Named wrote: »
    Live in Gleann Dara with my g/f and another couple. Last wednesday we noticed 2 men in a white honda civic (old type) sittin outside out house at approx 2 am...they sat for 45 mins/hour and drove off, they came back again on Friday night and did the same thing. I didnt notice as i was in bed but the other couple in the house were in the living room, (tv/lights on) and noticed both nights. On Weds past, it was just me and my g/f in the house, went to bed around half 1 with all the lights turned off. At 2.15 am the doorbell rang. I went and looked out the window, they seen me and drove off..The next day we ran out of oil...its been 2 monthes since our last fill so if they stole it there wouldnt be much there to steal. We had our oil during the Xmas holidays aswel...Went to Gardai but had no No. plate....Just a warning to anyone who see's this car pulling outside their house...
    There was a portaloo robbed in Clare during the week:confused::confused:.Apparently the pumps in em can be used to extract oil out of peoples oil tanks.2 minutes and your oil tank is emptied.A lot of Knacks out there.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

better off using steel bar or even baseball bat as a hurley not as strong and may break and if that happens and you have not taken them all out you could be goosed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

Seriously dude there's more effective ways of getting control of situations like that

and what ways would that be?? invite them in for a cupeen of tae and discuss it in a civil manner??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seriously dude there's more effective ways of getting control of situations like that

and what ways would that be?? invite them in for a cupeen of tae and discuss it in a civil manner??

Call the police. Dodgey as it may be, sitting in a car at any time of the day however suspicious is not illegal and if you go out there in a threatening manner armed with anything at all, you could very well find the next thing is a trip to the station with you in the back of the car....terrible advise to give anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advocating violence will get you reprimanded.
    Derogatory statements, same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Call the police. Dodgey as it may be, sitting in a car at any time of the day however suspicious is not illegal and if you go out there in a threatening manner armed with anything at all, you could very well find the next thing is a trip to the station with you in the back of the car....terrible advise to give anyone.
    Was just gonna say the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Yes of course invite them in to have a look inside your house....with tea.

Most digital cameras can record video with decent zoom. Discretely record them. You could go "for a walk" to get a closer shot without making it blatantly obvious what ur doing.

You'd be doing ur neighbours a favour also. Keep a log of every time they show up. Use daylight visits to ur advantage.

Then go to Salthill station and show them ur concern. To be honest man if I went out and gave them a kicking and they came back and harmed my missus when I'm not around I wouldn't describe that as smart or having "balls". People like that don't leave you alone just because they think you have balls. Better off having them picked up by the cops at another part of town where they've no idea who reported them.

Just because ur not smashing their faces in doesn't mean you can't get them another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Tell him "F**k your Honda Civic I've a gun inside"

Advertisement