Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night buses from Dublin to Kinnegad?

Options
  • 02-04-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Anyone know of any buses that go from Dublin to Kinnegad departing Dublin at about 1am/2am? The latest Bus Eireann one seems to leave Dublin at 11:00pm and Citylink's last leaves at 12:00am...
    Probably a long shot but I'm going to a concert Monday night and need a way home:( Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I found this, don't know if it's any help to you though.

http://www.citylink.ie/assets/timetables/March%2011/Galway%20Dublin%20Dublin%20Airport%20Express%20Timetable%2031st%20March%202011.pdf

It says there's a bus at 5.15am, so you'd have to find somewhere to go for a few hours.

Theres these timetables

http://getthere.ie/dublin-kinnegad/4-Apr

Could you maybe stay in a hotel/hostel for the night after the concert? You Or you could even try to get a taxi from Dublin to Kinnegad, but you'd pay a tonne of money.

What time does the concert finish at? Could you maybe leave a bit earlier to get either of the Bus Eireann or Citylink buses?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Thanks for the info. I think that citylink one is direct, doesn't seem to stop anywhere in between.
    Hadn't come across that timetable site before, very handy thanks for that.
    Will probably go for a hostel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

I would be very surprised if you don't make it back after the concert for that midnight departure.

Given the fact that its a Monday night, everything comes to a halt by half eleven public transport and nightlife alike (last orders 11:30)

I'd be very surprised if that concert is not over by 11pm! If you are stuck for time, the luas leaves just outside the o2, that will bring you to heuston station where the bus is scheduled to depart at 00.05. The 151 bus which passes the o2 will take you to around the corner from the burgh quay stop. Neither should take you any longer than 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

A concert isn't gonna go on past 12...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

xo.mary wrote: »
    A concert isn't gonna go on past 12...

Guess the trips off then :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement