Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? (April 2011 Edition)

Options
  • 02-04-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't had one of these threads for a few months, so lets see what everyone is up to. :)

Xbox

Torchlight - just finished it, but I still have to get the Fame achievement to get full 200/200 gamerscore. I'm only on fame level 21, so I have a lot of grinding to do to get to level 34.... tempted to play again with a different class.
    Beyond Good and Evil HD - I've played the first hour and its as good as I remember it. Its next on my list after Torchlight.
    Raskulls - Got it on sale - just played the first few levels.

I have a bunch of half played retail games that I need to get back to too.... says a lot about the quality of digital downloads these days when they're taking more of my time than retail games.

Wii

Hydroventure - Yep, another digital download. Absolutely brilliant game - a gem among the shovelware. Check out a trailer here, and download ASAP if you have a Wii.

IPod

Land-a Panda - I've mentioned this on the good iphone games thread, but its a brilliant little game that takes the barrel mechanics from the Donkey Kong Country games and turns it into 80 challenging levels. Really really good....

DS

Okamiden - Sequel to the PS2/Wii game Okami. I never got around to finishing the original game, but this has tempted me to go back to it soon. A brilliant game, very long and a decent challenge.
    Ghost Trick Phantom Detective - a really original game from Capcom. Superb puzzle haunting game with really clever concepts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

PS3

Just started Enslaved today. Only completed the first chapter but I like it so far.

3DS

Playing SSFIV 3D online a bit. The online works really well on the 3DS. The only problem is that every one I play just picks Ken all the time. It is getting very tedious. That and the fact I suck at the game.

Using StreetPass a lot. The best thing currently on the 3DS. Taking it everywhere in the hope of meeting other Miis.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

PC

Shogun total war
    dragon age 2
    fallout nv

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Just finished Crysis 2 so that leaves me with more Fm 2011 and Total War.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
    Continuing my attempts to not suck at this excellent game.

Army Of Two: The 40th Day
    I'm torn on this one, they've certainly fixed some of the issues I had with the first game but somewhere along the way they forgot to add a storyline or any kind of character development which has resulted in one of the most shallow games I've ever played.

Turtles In Time: Reshelled
    I miss the music from the original but it's a pretty decent HD remake of an excellent game from the SNES days.

PC

Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
    Finally getting around to playing this. Utterly awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xbox 360

Shift 2 - love it, love it, love it. Alot of people dont like it, but i find it amazing. Really gives you a good feel, even lossing is not bad, as it feels so competitive! The fella in gamestop got me an xbox original wheel too, its coming from waterford, so should have it next week! Can't waaaait!

Bad company 2 - play alot online with friends. It's our bread and butter these days!

Fallout new Vegas - I have it on pc too, but I love xbox livingroom gaming lately. Love the idea of achievements, makes me play more! I am 16 hours in and I am just now near Vegas, will be going out of it again, as got a quest :)

Pc

Crysis 2 - I got it on xbox and pc. It's impossible to play on xbox as ping is horrible. I moved to pc and I love online with proper ping. Full stealth hackers spoil fun now and then, but it is so satisfying killing them :). Not even cheats help them!

Ps3:

"sound of wind around the room"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Xbox 360
    Mass Effect 2- Just finished the first one about a week ago, and thought it was quite good. Enjoying this one a whole lot more though.

Call Of Duty 4- Just bought this because Mass Effect demands too many hours in each sitting, and I don't always have the time to play it. So this one is just a change of pace really. Plenty of achievements to play for here too.

Doom and Doom II- Becasue they are always worth replaying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Xbox/PS3
    Crysis 2
    Heroes on the move
    Shift 2

PSP-Williams Pinball classics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

360:

Army of Two the 40th day which i have to get back into since its over a week since i played it. Think i'm about half way through at this stage. Feels more polished than the first but im not enjoying it as much.

PS3:
    Dragon Age II i got a week after release progress is slow with this as well. Kind of still undecided about whether i like this more than the first as well.

PC:

Minecraft. Bought this a few weeks ago and i've been hooked since. Seems to be taking up a lot of my gaming time recently.

FM11. started a new save recently and i've been playing that every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

PS3

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (pretty much all the time now, it's great.)
    Mortal Kombat 9 demo
    SSF4
    Fallout New Vegas
    Mass Effect 2
    Dead Space 2(again)

Psp

God of war :Ghost of sparta
    Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX
    Resident Evil Directors cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

PS3 Playing:

Just started:
    Dead space 2
    Dragon age 2
    Crysis 2
    MAG

Nearly Finished playing for good:
    Red Dead

New games to play for April:
    Need for speed Shift 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

PC:

The Witcher - picked it up again recently and have been trying to get through it before TW2 comes out. Finished chapter 3 earlier and I'm finally out of that ****ing swamp!!

That's it really, nothing else has managed to keep my attention for more than an hour recently:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC
    Crysis 2 pissing me off, stupid ****ing save system.
    Shift 2 pissing me off stupid ****ing controls.
    Saints row 2 pissing me off had to get a mod to slow it down.
    Arma 2 lack of server pissing me off.

Xbox
    nothing too pissed off

Ps3
    nothing too pissed off

wii
    nothing too pissed off

ds
    nothing too pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Xbox 360

Fallout 3 (again)
    World Cup 2010 - finding the gameplay more fun than FIFA 11.
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands

Games I need to get back into/unfinished and sitting on my shelf:

Condemned 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Just Cause 2
    Call Of Juarez
    Skate 2

Games I'll probably go back to and that I'll never sell...ever. (well I'm not gonna sell any of my games anymore but you get me)

Red Dead
    GTA IV (need to acquire EFLC again)

Games Im anticipating:
    L.A. Noire
    GTA V?
    Mass Effect 3
    Saints Row 3 (never played them really but I might get 3 to check out all the fuss)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Xbox 360

Undead Nightmare - Just after finishing it, great value for less than a fiver

Orange Box
    - One of the best games I've ever played, still great fun

GTA IV Lost & Damned
    - Started it earlier today, hard to get back into GTA but I'm gonna give it a shot

Also planning on giving MAss Effect 2 another playthrough soon now, didnt have any dlc or even the Cerberus Network stuff first time round so plenty of new content

PC

Half Life - First time I've played a pc shooter, found the controls extremely hard to get used to but slowly getting the hang of it. Absolutely love HL2 so giving the first a play through, great so far

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PS3:
    Yakuza 3. It's good.
    FIFA 11.

Then I have The Orange Box and The Tomb Raider collection to play after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Just have the PS3

Just finished Dragon Age 2 this weekend, good but only if you like these sort of games
    Starting on Yakuza 4 next
    Playing abit of DC online now and again
    Fifa 11 when friends are around

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PS3:
    Saints Row 2 - I had this on the 360 months ago, played it once, didn't like it and sold it. Decided to give it another go (couldn't find the 360 version). Liking it a bit more, though definitely not as polished as GTAIV. Controls and driving are my main niggles
    Red Dead Redemption - Another game I had on the 360 but never fell in love with and traded it in after a while (needed money). Rebought it preowned on the 360 a few weeks ago and went to play it last week only to discover the disk is scratched and won't work. Have bought it again on the PS3 since I want to start over again anyway. Will crack into it sometime next week or so

360:
    Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - Great game, though haven't ventured online with it (mainly cos I will definitely always get my ass kicked). Mainly play when my nephew comes down (he was getting bored of Tekken 6. Wolverine, Spider-Man and Iron Man amuses him greatly though)

Mortal Kombat - Dunno whether to get this on PS3 or 360, as I'm not too fussed about Kratos.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PS3

Killzone 2
    MAG
    WWE All Stars (Review purposes)

Xbox 360

GTA IV
    Mass Effect

3DS

Pilotwings

Wii

Goldeneye

Well too many games on the go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Xbox360....

Crysis 2,single player.

Assasins creed brotherhood. I finished the main story, i just have to do a few side missions and collect a few treasures.

Blazing angels 2 flying game.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

PS3

Crysis 2
    Dragon Age 2

Xbox 360

Splinter Cell: Conviction

PSP

Final Fantasy: Dissidia 012
    The 3rd Birthday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

360: Marvel Vs. Capcom 3- After placing something like top 8 (not great) in the 1st proper tournament (which all the MvC3 players here should come along to!) I'm trying to refine my team somewhat. Totally hooked to this game, has taken all of my SSF4 time :P

PC: Revenge of the Titans- this is such a tough game, but it's so much fun, was never that much into tower defence games, but this one is different enough to peek my interest. Highly recommend people check it out.

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (GGPO): Been playing this again, can't keep myself away from it too long. One of the deepest most intense fighting games you'll ever play.

Nintendo 64: Mario Kart 64: Been playing this with my friends a lot more, such a classic. DAT rainbow road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Picked up a few of the arcade deals for xbox this week, still have to crack on with Beyond Good and evil too.

Dragon age 2 : major let down (for once I agree with Yahtzee 100% on his 'review' )

Lego : Star Wars 3 - The clone Wars, finished it pretty much just a few achievements left, not as good as Batman or the first Indy lego game, but my favorite of the star wars games by a mile. Had some great easter eggs along the way.

April is going to be the month that I get back to Deadly Premonition finally :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Xbox 360:

Death Smiles - just one more go to inch that extra billion points or so. Crack. Just crack. Eating my gaming time at the moment.

Dragon Age Origins - meh. OK, but shoddy port. Level design / setting / quest design are spectacularly lazy. Good few things to like, but the worst Bioware game I've played.

Hydrophobia - Picked it up cheap a while ago. Again, a decent if unspectacular game. Water effects and environmental combat are fun. Awkward controls, rubbish story and a general lack of polish aren't.

Vanquish - replaying on hard. Awesome.

PS3:

Split/Second - multiplayer game of choice at the moment. Finally finished campaign despite the rubberbanding AI. Still fun collapsing a dam on everyone in front of you and zooming into first.

Disgaea 3 - Will get back to this shortly. Heavy time commitment!

PC:

Minecraft - fantastic, but can't say I'm as addicted as others! One to dip in and out of for me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

DS:
    Pokémon Black - Probably the best iteration in the Pokémon series

PC:
    MW2 - now with servers ;)
    COD4
    Minecraft
    SHIFT 2

360:
    Pacman Championship Edition DX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

PS3

Crysis 2 - just about to polish off single player
    CoD Black Ops - playing the new map pack a bit
    Dragon Age Orgins - absolutely hated it when I originally got it, but I'm enjoying it after giving it a second chance

Going back to finish Killzone 3 on Elite once I get through Crysis and then hopefully Mass Effect 2 on Insanity.

DS

Pokémon Black

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

PC-

Dragon Age 2, just got off playing Origins and Awakening so looking forward to this.
    The Witcher, after half a year in my Steam library it kinda deserves to be downloaded, but kinda went meh-ish last time I tried play it. Still, sequel on the horizon so no time like the present.
    Team Fortress 2 if the damn thing would work

DS-

Pokemon White, liking that fresh feeling with only the new 150 Pokemon popping up but the gameplay can drag on a bit at times.

X360-

Lego Harry Potter, really enjoy the Lego games and this has to be one of the best (after Lego Batman obviously).
    Got Raskulls, Costume Quest and Worms 2 in the sale, so a good mix of explosions, puzzles and what not.
    Resident Evil 5, really liked this dispite the short comings of the plot and s***ing on the RE name. Gonna try play through again from scratch but looks like that would involve deleting my save game :(
    Also probably download Dead Rising 2: Case West, bought it a launch and not played it yet.

PS3-

Parasite Eve and whatever other good PS1 classics arrive on the USA PSN this month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Crysis 2 - Enjoying the game so far, have only played the single player so far.

Shogun 2 Total War - Well not exactly yet, but will be when the DX11 patch is released . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

PS3

Eternal Sonata - still undecided on this fairly average JRPG (about 30% through)
    LBP2 - More helping my 5 year old son than anything. Will put some time into the creative aspect soon

PS2

Resident Evil: Outbreak
    - loving the old school Resi action

PC

Football Manager 2011
    - only started and it kept on crashing:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Xbox 360

Dragon Age 2 - going to complete it.
    Halo Wars - finally going to complete it.
    Lego Star Wars 3 - 1000/1000 by months end.

That should keep me occupied.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just the two I'm concentrating on:

Valkyria Chronicles 2 PSP

Fantastic sequel to the brilliant original. I had my doubts that this would be as good since the levels are much smaller as are the squads but it works brilliantly especially as a portable game.

Stalker SoC

Not much more to say about this but it you are sick of FPS games with no depth like Halo and CoD then you owe it to yourself to play this game.

Advertisement