Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? (April 2011 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Crysis 2 and Black Ops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Stalker SoC

Not much more to say about this but it you are sick of FPS games with no depth like Halo and CoD then you owe it to yourself to play this game.

I tried CoP a couple of weeks ago and promptly quit after completely failing to hit a dog at point blank range. I keep telling myself that I should give it more of a chance, but I just can't seem to drag myself back to it... (I only lasted a little longer than that with SoC)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The weapons you get at the start of stalker are crap with rubbish accuracy. Once you start getting the assault rifles it's a different story and the game gets much better. Anyway a makarov pistol isn't exactly known for accuracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

PC - Battlefield Bad Company 2

PS3 - Red Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I had been playing Fallout New Vegas on the PC until college work got in the way. Dont know if i'll go back to it again though. I think I'd rather continue playing Fallout 3 on the PS3.
    Been playing a small bit of Richard Burns Rally on the PC lately when I've a bit of time to kill.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

PC
    Baldurs Gate: Complete - I'm doing a complete run through of the Baldurs Gate series. It's the first time that i plan on finishing BG1, and i'm playing it with a mod that allows you to run it in the BG2 engine. Enjoying it so far.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Excellent game that i still havent managed to finish. It's been on my list for ages, but i just havent gotten around to it.

Consoles

Red Dead Redemption - getting near the end now, and having a blast. Can drag at times, but it's a great game. So much to do.

Halo Reach - Playing this in co-op for the 1st time, and it's soo much better then ODST. Great action, and awesome music.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood - Making my way (slowly) through this. It's good fun, but i think i played the 2nd one too close to this, and am getting a little bored by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

GTA IV: Complete Edition - Just finished the main story and now looking to 100% it before i start the expansions

Red Dead Redemption: Going to start it this month:o

PS3

GT5: It will never end

Fight Night Champion

PC
    Mass Effect

Fallout NV

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PS3
    Blackops multiplayer
    Everybody's Golf online

Keep buying new games playing them for an hour or two and then go back to these two. Latest victim Crysis 2......meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ghostbusters: Sanctum Of Slime is the latest on my list for review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

DS
    Radiant Historia
    Ghost Trick
    Pokemon White

3DS
    Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
    Pilotwings
    & all the little gadgets that come with the 3DS

XBOX 360
    Bulletstorm

GBA
    Golden Sun 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

XBOX:

Crysis 2 Multiplayer, might go back and do the SP on the hardest difficulty.

Dragon Age 2, Second Playthough, if its been patched and the DLC achievements can be unlocked now.

Full House Poker

Maybe a bit of Dead Rising 2, slowly playing this one every now and again.

IPhone:
    Angry Birds RIO

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PC:
    Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (via GGPO.net)
    Koumajou Densetsu II: Stranger's Requiem (aka Touhouvania)

Also saw this (unfinished/abandoned) beauty by Konjak called The Iconoclasts.
    iconoclasts.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    PC:
    Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (via GGPO.net)

How's the lag on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

PS3

Mass Effect 2
    Red Dead: Undead Nightmare
    Fifa 11

PC
    Rome: Total War (Shogun got me back into it)
    Football Manager 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Started into Stacking on the PS3 after loving the demo and the frame rate is terrible! has anyone else experienced this? the animations, (such as they are) look awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I've 20+ games sitting on the shelf... Read Dead, Fallot NV, GTA IV, Pro Evo 2011, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, Assassins Creed 2, Arkham Asylum.

Don't know if I'll ever finish any of them.

Can't drag myself away from COD Black Ops Zombies, Multiplayer and MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Recently completed:
    Killzone 2
    Medal Of Honor
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Playing currently:
    PS3:
    Heavy Rain
    Gran Turismo 5

Xbox:
    Fight Night Champion (Champion mode is great fun, even though I'm not really a boxing fan)
    F1 2010
    FIFA 11

PC:
    Football Manager 2011

On the hitlist:
    WWE All-Stars (I want to play the demo first, didn't enjoy Legends of Wrestling).
    Bulletstorm (waiting for it to come down in price)

I've a stack of my mates PS3 exclusives that I'm slowly working through also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

PC
    Crysis 2
    FM 2011

PS3
    Should finally get around to Assassins Creed Brotherhood, been unopened since Christmas
    Also need to finish Uncharted 2

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

3DS: Ghost Recon Shadow Wars – can’t get enough of this game, it’s fantastic.

DS: Trying to decide between Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time or Radian Historia.

GBA: on hiatus from Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

PS3
    Mainly playing GT5 and Fifa 11.
    Still play Black Ops a bit too.
    Have Bulletstorm to get through too.

PC
    Havent been playing much recently but still be the old favorites, CS and TFC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

How's the lag on that?

GGPO is world renowned for being the best lag handler for fighting games. It's really REALLY good, I highly suggest you check it out. It's also a great arcade emulator if you're too sane to go through setting up MAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Haven't really played console games in a while, so all this months games are on PC:

Minecraft - Although at this point it's more of a lifestyle/addiction
    Batman: Arkham Asylum - Reinstalled this last night, just to beat up something.
    Arma 2 - Got the add ons for this, so giving them a whirl.
    Shogun 2: Total War - The Total War games have always been slow burners for me. I'll play for an hour or two every couple of weeks, so I'll be playing this well into 2012, I'd say.
    Dragon Age 2 - But to be honest, I think I'll just give up on it. I'm not enjoying it at all anymore. Boring as f*ck.
    Rainbow Six: Raven Shield - Thought I had this on 3 1/2 inch disks, so was quite shocked to see it on CD. Installed it on Friday and it's as great as I remember it. Holds up well today for an 8 year old FPS.
    Hitman: Blood Money - An old reliable I always fall back on. Mainly for the Villa and Opera levels, which I have off to a fine art.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How's the lag on that?
    Grand as long as you stay to low-ish pings; i.e. Europe (I wouldn't go much above 100).

We have a few players who hang out in #IrishFightingGames@QuakeNet.irc if you want to get a match sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

PS3
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Said i'd give it a whirl, but the pace of getting around sucks, there should be a horse or bike or something!

Home
    Lots to do and can win some neat items for your avatar too

Just Cause 2
    Good for a bit of craic every now and then

MW2
    I just can't get enough, bring on MW3!

Full Heat Poker
    Online Poker between your avatars, with the ability to visually bluff! Great game!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

PC (only and ever only)

Boiling Point - my love for this game and what the developers were trying to do will never die but it was buggy and I never finished it despite several attempts. I recently re-installed along with patch and it runs fine so I'm getting through it without any issues. - Infamous review on Eurogamer

White Gold - follow up to Boiling Point by the same guys complete with terrible english subtitles because they never got a western publisher. Just had a look at it playing a couple of missions and will dive in once I finish Boiling Point. Then it's on to Precursors (same devs but their attempt at the same thing in space, visiting planets, flying space ships etc.)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

PS3
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Said i'd give it a whirl, but the pace of getting around sucks, there should be a horse or bike or something!

I kind of like that you can only walk or fast travel, really gives the feeling that you're in a proper vast wasteland. Plus, on PC there's an auto walk button, don't know if ye got that :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

XBOX:
    Formula 1 2010.......still.....love playing it

PS3:
    Assassins Creed.....(the first one.....yes I'm aware that im slightly behind!!)
    FIFA 11 .......of course!!! what else like!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

360 - Borderlands
    N64 - Ocarina of Time
    PS2 - RE4 & Timesplitters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

PS3 :
    MAG - Level 17, slow and steady

Gameboy Micro:
    Super Mario World - Larrys Castle is tougher than i remember.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was going through a list of my mini's yesterday on the PS3 and came across one called 'I Must Run'.

Bloody hell it is addictive.

Advertisement