Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? (April 2011 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was going through a list of my mini's yesterday on the PS3 and came across one called 'I Must Run'.

Bloody hell it is addictive.

Looks just like the excellent Canabalt... Incredibly addictive for such a simple game!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its on the ipod too, tman...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

360 - Borderlands
    N64 - Ocarina of Time
    PS2 - RE4 & Timesplitters :D

Timesplitters and Ocarina of time - you have my respect sir! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Currently trying to juggle:
    A handful of C64 games,
    Final fantasy on the NES,
    Secret of Mana on the Snes,
    Tiny toons on the Megadrive,
    Ocarina of timelon the N64,
    Grandia on the PS1,
    Okami on the PS2,
    Shenmue on the dreamcast
    and Saboteur on the PS3.
    Then I have a big backlog of PS3 games and Ico/Sotc collection is due out at the end of the month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    Currently trying to juggle:
    A handful of C64 games,
    Final fantasy on the NES,
    Secret of Mana on the Snes,
    Tiny toons on the Megadrive,
    Ocarina of timelon the N64,
    Grandia on the PS1,
    Okami on the PS2,
    Shenmue on the dreamcast
    and Saboteur on the PS3.
    Then I have a big backlog of PS3 games and Ico/Sotc collection is due out at the end of the month :(

Totally off topic but what's a commodore 64 worth these days? I have one in my parent's house which is not working but I think it might just be a fuse or something, is it worth digging it out?

Back on topic I've been almost solely playing Demon's Souls for awhile now with the very odd bit of GT5/SSFIV thrown in when I'm feeling lazy. What a game, 40+ hours in and I've less than two thirds of the levels finished, I've been taking my time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Digvoldi

PS3: Singularity, Killzone 3, Dead Nation, Crysis 2 and Modern Combat

Gamecube: Resident Evil 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

PS3:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: best down loadable for me
    Yakuza 4 : Awesome game
    Tomb Raider Trilogy : havent started it yet but cant wait to get cracking on it

Wii

Zelda Twilight Princess: my first zelda game i ever played and just finished it there , was very good :)

rickyjb wrote: »
    Totally off topic but what's a commodore 64 worth these days? I have one in my parent's house which is not working but I think it might just be a fuse or something, is it worth digging it out?

I bought mine a few weeks back for €70 (My original one was given away to a charity by my mother :mad:). I had to change the onboard fuse (just a 1.5 amp glass fuse). It only took a second and the fuse cost about €1. Getting the heads aligned on the datasette on the other hand took hours
    Back on topic I've been almost solely playing Demon's Souls for awhile now
    Brilliant game, I think I spent about 190 hours at it before I got the platinum. Never got boring though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Just finished Half-life Opposing Force

Have to play some more Shogun 2

Waiting on Sanctum to get released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I bought mine a few weeks back for €70 (My original one was given away to a charity by my mother :mad:). I had to change the onboard fuse (just a 1.5 amp glass fuse). It only took a second and the fuse cost about €1. Getting the heads aligned on the datasette on the other hand took hours

You were robbed. Wouldn't pay more than a tenner for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Finished: Dead Space 2, top quality game, but a little too action oriented compared to the superb original game.

Crysis 2-Enjoyed it a lot, but it started to grind towards the end. One of the few games where I'll complain that it was too long! :P The game really needed more variety. As for the story and voice acting, dear god..............

Playing Ordered Hitman collection which should tick me over when it arrives, and will definitely pick up Shogun 2 in a few weeks.(Probably wise to wait until after my exams!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Brilliant game, I think I spent about 190 hours at it before I got the platinum. Never got boring though

I think that's whats wrong with mine as well. You don't have a link to somewhere I could get that fuse no??

190 hours!:eek: I might have to let the platinum trophy slip with that one then...:)

Class game though, I've never played a game before which has so dramatically affected the way I'd play other games.

I think that's whats wrong with mine as well. You don't have a link to somewhere I could get that fuse no??

190 hours!:eek: I might have to let the platinum trophy slip with that one then...:)

Class game though, I've never played a game before which has so dramatically affected the way I'd play other games.

I bought the fuse in a local shop. I'm sure you'd get one in peats / maplin.

You mightn't have yo spend that long on Demon's souls, I just got very unlucky waiting for a drop of pure bladestone. Some people got it on their first try. I started trying to get it when I was level 70 and I was level 290 by the time I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I kind of like that you can only walk or fast travel, really gives the feeling that you're in a proper vast wasteland. Plus, on PC there's an auto walk button, don't know if ye got that :P

I can appreciate that, and it's probably because i'm not trying to be the stealthy fast type (tank FTW!), but it gets annoying at times, especially on the long hauls!

Oh, and no auto-walk button i can think of!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

PS3:

Just finished Crysis 2 - decent game, some parts of the sp are very good, other parts completely misjudged. Bad case of schizophrenia but overall worth it. Couldn't get decent connection for multiplayer.
    Small amounts of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 online.
    Have Portal 2 pre ordered.
    Peggle for those inbetween periods.

360:

Batman AA. Didn't like it when I first tried it last year. Liking it alot now.
    Started Portal a few nights ago. I like!
    May continue Mass Effect if I have any available time (doubtful).
    Trials HD for those inbetween periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Finished Crysis 2 two weeks ago, enjoyable single player despite it's bizzare flaws like AI and acting.

Had a crack at Bulletstorm again, not as fun as the first time but still a decent game.

Was in the mood for some fast-paced racing so I might reinstall Dirt 2 for the larf. Heh, will have to get used to other rally drivers calling me "yo, dawg!" again :P

The L4D1 server I had played & and admined on for over a year was shut down yesterday :( Me and the community was gutted so I took the inititive and created a L4D2 server with the same setup as the old one. Got it up and running last night so have to spend tonight adding and tweaking plugins / custom maps and crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

PS3: MAG

X360: Battlefield Bad Company 2.
    I've just got back into this. Is it worth downloading the Onslaught Mode, or are the main game modes still where all the action is?

I'm also thinking of buying F1 2010. Are there still many people playing it online, and are they all freakishly good? I remember joining GRiD online very late in it's lifetime only to have my ass handed to me lap in, lap out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Altitude.

2d cartoon plane shooter. You have to try it, mac or pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

yankinlk wrote: »
    Altitude.

2d cartoon plane shooter. You have to try it, mac or pc.

I love this game, its almost all i play now!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xbox:

Got really hooked up on fallout new Vegas 32h in already and still counting. Already can see myself playing it again, just too much content for 1 play.

Crysis 2 multiplayer - got really hooked up too, finally got hang of it. Misses always asks me to play it when she comes back to work, and she hates gaming... She got some sort of fetish... Me killing people online... Dont ask...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I'm re-playing Homeworld: Cataclysm again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Update: got today medal of honor and Alan wake.

Medal of honour single player so far meh.

Alan wake so far intriguing, but misses likes only crysis online, so she is not letting me to play now :( ...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Time to start my Mass Effect journey (first time, both games).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mr E wrote: »
    Time to start my Mass Effect journey (first time, both games).

I plan to do similar on a free weekend, just play them both back to back and see what all the fuss is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MrFuath

I've been playing some League of legends on PC, its a pretty kickass game for a F2P.

Also i busted out the PS2 and have been rocking out on freedom fighters lately =P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

360:

Army of Two the 40th day which i have to get back into since its over a week since i played it. Think i'm about half way through at this stage. Feels more polished than the first but im not enjoying it as much.

PS3:
    Dragon Age II i got a week after release progress is slow with this as well. Kind of still undecided about whether i like this more than the first as well.

PC:

Minecraft. Bought this a few weeks ago and i've been hooked since. Seems to be taking up a lot of my gaming time recently.

FM11. started a new save recently and i've been playing that every now and again.

As an addition to this. I've started playing morrowind again on the pc.

Downloaded an overhaul mod which updates the graphics to Oblivion quality graphics.

The website for the mod is here if anyone wants to check it out.

I also got my flash cartridge which lets me play GBA roms on my DS so now i've decided to play through the pokemon series starting with Fire Red.

I'm struggling to find motivation to play Dragons Age 2 though. I'm finding the game very boring at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'm playing Planescape: Torment and EVE Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

DS
    Pokemon White

PS3
    Mafia 2
    Fallout:New Vegas
    Tiger Woods 12
    Fifa 11

PC
    Crysis 2

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Absolutely loving Red Dead Redemption. I'd heard people talk about when you first arrive in Mexico and how brilliant a moment it is, but I never really believed it would be that good. But it is. The music, the wilderness, the stunning views... brilliant. Dunno how far I am into the game (
    Just captured Javier Escuella
    ) but really enjoying it.

Only real issue I have is it makes it quite difficult to do missions at night when it's in the wilderness. Hard enough to see sometimes. I just set up camp and save the game to advance time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Barrington wrote: »
    Absolutely loving Red Dead Redemption. I'd heard people talk about when you first arrive in Mexico and how brilliant a moment it is, but I never really believed it would be that good. But it is. The music, the wilderness, the stunning views... brilliant. Dunno how far I am into the game (
    Just captured Javier Escuella
    ) but really enjoying it.

Only real issue I have is it makes it quite difficult to do missions at night when it's in the wilderness. Hard enough to see sometimes. I just set up camp and save the game to advance time though.

Jesus Christ that is weird. I bought this 2 weeks ago and am on the exact same part. Was flying through the missions but decided explore a little, do some side quests, hunting, treasure hunting etc. Loving it. And I have a feeling this, the multiplayer acheivements and undead nightmare will keep me going for ages.

Advertisement