Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? (April 2011 Edition)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Playing alot of Fight Night Champion online. Good game that gets ruined by the online community unfortunately. Also seeing as a fight can last up to 30 minutes it can become tiresome at times.

Crysis 2 I just picked up and have been playing online for the most part. only a level or 2 into the SP. Loving it so far and it's the perfect antidote to the Fight Night blues.

Have Darksiders which I started then stopped for Fight Night which I've to get back to. Also want to get back and pick up my last few online cheevs in Red Dead so I can finally trade it in for the next Rockstar game out now in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dragon Age 2 at the moment but its kinda crap and boring compared to DA:O. Same bloody recycled maps, spawning mobs, not amazing looking armour. Feels more like a hack and slash then a proper RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC
    Borderlands GOTY new playtru.
    Saints Row 2 hard to actually play it.
    Mass Effect 2, its not great dunno how it scored so well. On the last mission and it seems theres chunks missing from the game. Assume thats what the DLC is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

dreamers75 wrote: »
    PC
    Borderlands GOTY new playtru.

Same as... Just started it this morning thinking that I'd have a quick blast, maybe level up once or twice...
    8 hours playtime later and my eyes ****ing hurt!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Addictive, isn't it, tman?
    When borderworlds comes out, I'm taking a few days off work. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

completed AC Brotherhood, enjoyed it but it wasnt outstanding.

now im flicking between Black Ops (just prestiged again) and Red Dead Redemption. really enjoying it, just completed the 1st section i think -
    just stormed the fort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mr E wrote: »

Good thinking! I'll be booking the Friday and first few days of the week off and sending the missus away for the weekend if possible:p
    After the ridiculous amount of time I poured into the PS3 version, I didn't expect to be so completely hooked all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Borderlands is a brilliant game, online as soon as that gun" drops doesnt matter that theres still 50 alive GOTTA GET THAT GUN.

Then you realise its 100 less damage than one your using and the one your using has fire and ****. Then you die in vain and noone revives you cos a gun stealing **** :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Playing Crysis 2 right now.
    Pleasantly surprised that the campaign has so much content, compared to many other games in the action genre, GoW, Halo etc, they all seem to end a few hours in and a few hours early having expected a little more for my money.
    Crysis 2 seems to have plenty of levels and encourages creativity, great fun indeed, and from such a generic premise too, lotso fun.
    It's be even grander to see further games in the series to be as ambitious as the Half Life games.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have 3 of the main sections done on my first run through Mass Effect now (Eden Prime, Artemis Tau and Feros). Really enjoying the game - more than I expected to. I think the first time I tried playing a few years ago, I got as far as the Citadel and got bored.

After all the horror stories I've heard about the Mako, I agree that it's all true. It's like driving a vehicle with beachballs for wheels and really awful controls. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have 3 of the main sections done on my first run through Mass Effect now (Eden Prime, Artemis Tau and Feros). Really enjoying the game - more than I expected to. I think the first time I tried playing a few years ago, I got as far as the Citadel and got bored.

After all the horror stories I've heard about the Mako, I agree that it's all true. It's like driving a vehicle with beachballs for wheels and really awful controls. :)

Uggghhhhh and getting stuck in the hills when chasing resources :mad:

I'm currently playing Rango :o

Ain;t seen the movie but really want to now, anyone with kids should pick this up cheap for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Half-life 2. I thought the enemies were just going to be soldiers in armour for the whole game, then I got to Ravenholm.....

Bring back the soldiers, please :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

PC:

Counter-Strike: Source - I have got back into this over the past week or so and it's quite fun

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Bought it on Steam yesterday. Pretty awesome

-

DS:

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 - Over The Nexus - Got it ages ago and never got to play it until now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Timesplitters 2 Co-op all night, good fun, never played it back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Picked up Bulletstorm the other day. Wasn't expecting anything from it, I just wanted an FPS to blow sh*t up in. But I love it. It's hilarious and brilliantly over the top. Proper Duke Nukem humour in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Its the only game I have platinumed and thats just from playing the game than actually trophy hunting. Working my way through the DLC at the moment. Mad Moxies underdome is total ****e (the implentation, not the idea) but the rest of the DLC is good value. I find its a great game to play with some friends all using mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Finished Killzone 3 and Dead Space 2 only a week ago. Currently playing Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2. I've got Shogun 2 TW and Portal 2 lined up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

I was playing Chrono Trigger and I got to these twin Golems. I was enjoying the game up to that point but bosses like those damn golems are the reason why I don't play a lot of RPGs.

It's an unfair difficulty spike because they just destroy me in about 90 seconds. It seems like most RPGs pull that kind of ****e, especially with the last boss.

Speaking of, I'm also puttering away in Pokemon Black. Playing online is a nice little distraction. At least when the fine sporting gentleman on the other end doesn't rage quit because my Tyranitar just ripped him in half...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm... I never find the need to do any level grinding in JRPGs, especially not Chrono Trigger which I thought was a breeze. As long as you aren't running from every battle there's usually no need unless you are playing something purposefully old school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Just playing Crysis 2. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I've ran out of games to play! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

PS3 - Batman: Arkham Asylum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Recently completed:
    Killzone 2
    Medal Of Honor
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Playing currently:
    PS3:
    Heavy Rain
    Gran Turismo 5

Xbox:
    Fight Night Champion (Champion mode is great fun, even though I'm not really a boxing fan)
    F1 2010
    FIFA 11

PC:
    Football Manager 2011

On the hitlist:
    WWE All-Stars (I want to play the demo first, didn't enjoy Legends of Wrestling).
    Bulletstorm (waiting for it to come down in price)

I've a stack of my mates PS3 exclusives that I'm slowly working through also.

Finished Heavy Rain & Fight Night Champion mode. I thought both were great.

Bought WWE All-Stars, playing through the fantasy match ups. Its fairly steep at €44 quid though, €25 would be a more reasonable price for what it is. Pretty fun nonetheless.

Those games like FIFA 11, Black Ops, Football Manager 11, I love them and yet I hate them. You can play them, but you never get the feeling you've completed them, even if you've done everything, theres always another season to do, another guy to beat online, another prestige to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

PC
    il2 Cliffs of Dover
    World of Tanks
    Rise of Flight

XBOX
    Call of Duty Black OPS
    Fallout New Vegas

PS3
    Uncharted 1 which will be followed by 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm... I never find the need to do any level grinding in JRPGs, especially not Chrono Trigger which I thought was a breeze. As long as you aren't running from every battle there's usually no need unless you are playing something purposefully old school.

I feel like the game has completely shut down on me or something. I was having a fairly easy time right up until I got them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

PC

GTA2- Downloaded it recently

PS3
    Red Dead Redemption- Free roam online being a lone ranger taking out gang hideouts.

Advertisement