Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steps to take when doing a Research Master

Options
  • 02-04-2011 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick note:

I have no clue about how to appoach to do a research master in my college. what did you do? talk to the lecture of your interest and then whats next? write up a reseasrch proposal report? or they help you with the research proposal?

I think just find out my possible result and see if they let me in eg 2.2.

if you have any tips etc - many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭beatle

It probably depends on the college... Check the website of the college and that should inform you of the process of applying for a master through research.

Once you know what you want to research, you should try to find a supervisor. The supervisor should then be able to give advice on what to include in the proposal and/or whatever other documents you may need to put together (application form, ethical approval, funding etc.)

It's can be a slow process so it's a good idea to start in time!

Good luck!

Advertisement