Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quay 4

Options
  • 02-04-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Must say, a hidden gem in drogheda. Steak on a stone is fantastic. People.. try this place. and no I have no connection with the place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What are prices like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I agree, the food is fantastic and it's very reasonable. I can't remember off the top of my head but mains start at about €10 and go up to about €25 for the fillet steak.

It's my first choice when heading out for Dinner in Drogheda at the minute.
    & I've no connection to the place either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

paid 65€, she got brie for starter and 8oz fillet steak on the stone, i had rack of ribs for start and 12oz sirloin steak on stone. we both had a mineral each and shared a dessert. flaours are amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

I've been meaning to try Quay 4 for ages so I am going to do it sooner rather than later based on this thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

I'm also a big fan of this place. Great food and service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

Where abouts in Drogheda is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

its down along the river beside bru. easter sea board aint a patch on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

We weren't wild about it at all.:( Firstly it was completely empty when we got there. Fair enough it was just after 6pm but we went at that time because we had the kids with us (aged 4 and 6). We were seated at a lovely table though.

I had the brie to start and OH had the goats cheese salad. Both were nice enough but the salads could have done with something other than a bit of olive oil as dressing.

I had the lamb kebab as a main and OH had the baby back ribs. The lamb was okay - just okay. It wasn't very tender. The portion size of the ribs was miserable. Given the price of both we were disappointed to be honest. The lamb was €17 and the ribs €15.95. The kids shared a kid's portion and there was enough for both of them (but they wouldn't be big eaters). The fries were lovely and the main course portion of them was generous - just as well or we would have been hungry leaving.

The guy serving us was lovely. He brought the girls out complimentary ice cream at the end.

All in all we felt it was expensive for what we got. We paid €75 including tip for 2 x starters, 1 x kids dinner, 2 x main course, 1 portion of onion rings and 2 x beer. It would have been worth it if the food was up to scratch but it wasn't.

We won't be going back. Eastern Seaboard blows it out of the water in our opinion (and I acknowledge the negatives they are having lately).

I'll be trying the Salthouse next.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Ooh Ive heard they do tapas downstairs in Quay4 for now as well! Is this true?
    Has any one tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Twatter wrote: »
    Where abouts in Drogheda is it?

Wellington Quay is the street name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 greenart

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Ooh Ive heard they do tapas downstairs in Quay4 for now as well! Is this true?
    Has any one tried it?

just back from a pleasant evening in Quay4. Had some tapas, lovely selection of dishes from calamari, prawns to chicken, mushroom, hams and cheeses. a big thumbs up. Great to see a restaurant in Drogheda providing alternatives after the loss of the Pink elephant (thai) and Indus restaurant. Good luck to this Spanish run restaurant.
    By the way they do a mean steak upstairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is there much for kids in the steak house part?
    A kids menu or anything like that? Dont think my 9 year old would be able for a 12oz steak just yet!:D

Advertisement