Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Four

Options
  • 02-04-2011 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

NCAA semi-finals just starting; could be great games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

rooting for vcu, come on the underdogs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Yeah. Butler could be said to be underdogs too, though; even though they were in the final last year. It's a different team and wasn't expected to go this far.
    I 'd like to see either go and beat Kentucky or UConn in the final.
    Good tight game so far. Will be interesting to see the if the battle of the two highly regarded young coaches ends up making the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Hopefully it'll be Butler and U Conn in the final but as long as they're good games it doesn't really matter to me.

I remember U Conn from the days of Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon and Emeka Okafor. Those were sick teams.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll be Butler and U Conn in the final but as long as they're good games it doesn't really matter to me.

I remember U Conn from the days of Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon and Emeka Okafor. Those were sick teams.

Yep, remember that team. They had Ray Allen before that. Calhoun can coach; and certainly can recruit.

Great win for Butler. In a way, you'd think that VCU might have a better chance than Butler if they'd got to final; they might have been better able to match up athletically with Kentucky or UConn.
    Still wouldn't write off Butler in the final, though; they've got a really solid team that knows what it's doing.
    Stevens looks like a great coach and Mack and Howard are very good players.

• Advertisement

great game probably persuaded me to tay up and watch the next one

PeakOutput wrote: »
    great game probably persuaded me to tay up and watch the next one

Same as that.

Charles Barkley was right when he said that Butler does play like those championship Spurs teams. Great D, methodical and they don't make any mental mistakes. Can't believe a mid-major has made it to back-to-back Championship games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

ascanbe wrote: »
    Yep, remember that team. They had Ray Allen before that. Calhoun can coach; and certainly can recruit.

Yeah he can recuit just not always legally.:D

anyone know what time tip off is tonight?

• Advertisement

PeakOutput wrote: »
    anyone know what time tip off is tonight?

2.30 AM.

2.30 AM.

ah that sucks, thanks

That might be the worst Championship game ever. Congrats to U Conn and all but Butler shot 18% for the entire game on 12 of 64 shooting :o

It's a shame because it was a great tournament up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

That might be the worst Championship game ever. Congrats to U Conn and all but Butler shot 18% for the entire game on 12 of 64 shooting :o

It's a shame because it was a great tournament up to that point.

Agreed, absolutely awful. I sky-plussed it last night, went playin golf this morning and was looking forward to coming back this afternoon and watching it 'live'... wished I hadn't then - was like a bad Superleague game.

Advertisement