Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Lecture Timetable - SIS?

Options
  • 03-04-2011 12:34am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My friend is able to check his weekly timetable on SISWeb, and says it is in the "Information for Students" tab, but I can't find it!

Has it disappeared or am I looking in the wrong place? I know I can view the timetable in the Student Life tab of UCDConnect, but I want to be able to see the whole week. I'm sure I did it for exams in Semester 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 timt

Im also looking for my weekly lecture timetable, but i have a feeling it has been removed. They updated the system during the mid-term and I havent been able to find it since

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Oh no I thought it was just some glitch on the day the exam timetable came out. Its still gone ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ILBondo

Just so you know im having the same issue i googled it and it led me here. so it has led me to believe that other students are having the same problem.

Will let you know how i get on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

^^

Google is great like that, it can capture what is said on boards minutes after it was posted! Often I'd ask my dad (for example) a question about why a certain part of my computer is not working, he wouldn't be sure, I'd post it on boards. A few hours later, he'd walk in saying he googled the problem that I am having and found somebody on boards with the same problem, and a printout of the thread that I started that day :p

Conor108, you didn't take Intro to Programming 2 this semester, did you? If you didn't, you're lucky - our exam is 6-8pm on the very last day (Saturday 14th). :mad:

Conor108, you didn't take Intro to Programming 2 this semester, did you? If you didn't, you're lucky - our exam is 6-8pm on the very last day (Saturday 14th). :mad:

Ouch! No I didn't, took a geology module instead:). Is that Gianluca guy still doing it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Conor108 wrote: »
    Ouch! No I didn't, took a geology module instead:). Is that Gianluca guy still doing it?

No, we have Damian Dalton. He's quite good, but the module is still tough enough, and has the worst possible exam time! I still think we should have tutorials or something though - looking at powerpoint slides isn't a great way to learn programming!

Powerpoint slides ahh memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

No, we have Damian Dalton. He's quite good, but the module is still tough enough, and has the worst possible exam time! I still think we should have tutorials or something though - looking at powerpoint slides isn't a great way to learn programming!

Does he still put all his notes into one big messy powerpoint presentation?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Having the same issues myself. I'm having to go into the SIS module registration to view my timetable . . . bother. I have been saying to myself that I should print it off since September. :rolleyes:

Does he still put all his notes into one big messy powerpoint presentation?

No, they're usually laid out so you're only seeing small snippets of the program at a time (we're doing C and C++), but sometimes (rarely) he'd put a long program in small writing on a powerpoint slide, which is a bit awkward to read.

I don't like powerpoint slides anyway. Everything should be like my maths modules - pen and paper. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No, they're usually laid out so you're only seeing small snippets of the program at a time (we're doing C and C++), but sometimes (rarely) he'd put a long program in small writing on a powerpoint slide, which is a bit awkward to read.

I don't like powerpoint slides anyway. Everything should be like my maths modules - pen and paper. :p
    Because handwritten code is awesome! =D

Raphael wrote: »
    Because handwritten code is awesome! =D

Well I suppose for programming it's acceptable, but flashing up slides of sample codes isn't an effective way of teaching programming. There are no tutorials or labs. Just two lectures. :p

And as for hand-written code - in the final exam we have to handwrite the code. Was very annoying at Christmas when I didn't leave enough room between lines and I had to insert extra things. Debugging with a tippex mouse is a strange experience :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well I suppose for programming it's acceptable, but flashing up slides of sample codes isn't an effective way of teaching programming. There are no tutorials or labs. Just two lectures. :p

And as for hand-written code - in the final exam we have to handwrite the code. Was very annoying at Christmas when I didn't leave enough room between lines and I had to insert extra things. Debugging with a tippex mouse is a strange experience :p
    No labs? Feh, that's ****ty. I did Intro to Programming a few years ago before they split it into non-CS and CS flavours, so I got the proper course. The handwritten code in exams thing is a pain though.

Raphael wrote: »
    No labs? Feh, that's ****ty. I did Intro to Programming a few years ago before they split it into non-CS and CS flavours, so I got the proper course. The handwritten code in exams thing is a pain though.

The handwritten code is annoying, but at least the examiner mightn't be able to notice small mistakes, such as syntax, that easily (because he is not actually running the program!)

CS is now completely denominated so they do their own Programming modules - we don't mix with them! They're also doing C this year, but obviously at a more advanced level than we are!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

twas removed so they could update the exam timetables into it, its back now

twas removed so they could update the exam timetables into it, its back now

Fantastic! However, I have two Saturday exams and neither of them appear up. I just used the 'Student Life' tab of UCD connect to get the individual Saturday times, but it's a bit limited seeing as lots of people have Saturday exams!

Advertisement