Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Working in London 2011

Options
  • 03-04-2011 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

So im planning on spending the summer in London and wanted to find if anyone had any tips for finding a summer job soon! Iv heard its better to start early but im not sure how i would go about that.

Iv searched around for summer jobs but cant seem to find anything.

I will be living in East London moving around june

I want to get a job before I arrive over so I can get going as it expensive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ChristopherUno

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1406
    You'd probably be better checking the above forum, lots of threads on this type of subject already and will hopefully answer some of your questions. I'm going over too in September to study, boards seems to have quite a footprint in London, shouldn't be too hard to settle in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 iamnotarobot

@inverstment, im heading to london also. have you had any luck trying to find flats? im looking for one in east london preferably shoreditch/brick lane area

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

@inverstment, im heading to london also. have you had any luck trying to find flats? im looking for one in east london preferably shoreditch/brick lane area

NO I have not found a job yet, Are you a male or female, Flats are expensive, I found a few alright, you will have to put down a huge deposit first, also you will need least 1,500 pounds in spending money , while you look for a job

Are you heading over there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 iamnotarobot

im female, 21. I think im sorted with a job, will know in the next week or so. hoping to head over early/mid june. been looking at houseshares and they seem to be cheapest. my budget is about 500 pounds which is still expensive but i want to be in an area that is central and has a lot to do. i am quite looking forward to it i have to say :) are you moving over for good or just the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

im female, 21. I think im sorted with a job, will know in the next week or so. hoping to head over early/mid june. been looking at houseshares and they seem to be cheapest. my budget is about 500 pounds which is still expensive but i want to be in an area that is central and has a lot to do. i am quite looking forward to it i have to say :) are you moving over for good or just the summer?

I'm an alpha male so their will be quiet a lot for me to do in London, No I'm only heading over for the summer, as I'm a respected college student. One of mates said the women love the Irish men, however; the men hate the Irish women, double standard still seems to exist in our everyday lives.:rolleyes: what are you working at honey??

• Advertisement
Advertisement