Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gettin 2 swords from city centre?

Options
  • 03-04-2011 3:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

how do i get in? whats closest bus from tara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

http://www.swordsexpress.com/

Swords Express bus from Tara Street Station/Quays to Swords Pavilions shopping centre.

TheUsual wrote: »
    http://www.swordsexpress.com/

Swords Express bus from Tara Street Station/Quays to Swords Pavilions shopping centre.

Forgot about that (odd, I've been on it enough times). Few points though:

Tara St is an inbound stop (IIRC). Outbound it starts from Eden Quay by the Polish Embassy/Consulate and stops again outside the IFSC on Custom House Quay.

It's €3 or €4 at peak times though, 41 will only set you back €2.40 but take a bit longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

sdonn wrote: »
    Forgot about that (odd, I've been on it enough times).
    It's €3 or €4 at peak times though, 41 will only set you back €2.40 but take a bit longer.

I have to admit I never had to get it from Dublin to Swords for work/interviews so I can't say the times, but it goes via the port-tunnel and is going against rushhour traffic so I would say you are away out of the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

For some reason it's on the dot punctual outbound from Swords, but from town it's often late.

• Advertisement

For some reason it's on the dot punctual outbound from Swords, but from town it's often late.

Yup, because like most buses in this country, ten mionutes of the timetable is dedicated to lounging at the side of the road in Swords so the driver can have a piss/read/munch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

41, 41c, 41b, 43 or 33 buses all go through Swords, leaving from Abbey Street

Advertisement