Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help cant access Amazon.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why bump a post that's only an hour old, especially when it's still at the top of the forum?

Add more information if you want an answer, like your ISP, modem, firewall setting, DNS, etc.

amazon.co.uk is working fine, so the problem is either with your ISP, or your computer.

tracert amazon.co.uk and ping amazon.co.uk might tell you something.

Upc is Isp i have done nothing to the setting on my mac everyother website works bar this one and i bumped it as i need to purchase something very quickly from it thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Clean out you cache and cookies from safari.

Is it just one page or all their pages.

Download Chrome or firefox and try them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

That link you posted for www.amazon.co.uk seems to have the .uk section replaced with an Internationalised Domain Name (.xn--uk-0t). You may not be checking Amazon at all.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

jmcc wrote: »
    That link you posted for www.amazon.co.uk seems to have the .uk section replaced with an Internationalised Domain Name (.xn--uk-0t). You may not be checking Amazon at all.

Regards...jmcc

Well spotted.

The first link is fine. The second (as you have posted it) is wrong. Is that a typo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

Well spotted.

The first link is fine. The second (as you have posted it) is wrong. Is that a typo?
    Not sure. It may be an accent over the u that has been rendered as an Internationalised Domain Name. The IDNs are basically ASCII domain names that are often prefixed with 'xn--'. They are rendered by browsers with the accent or non-Latin characters.

It might be interesting to see if all .uk sites are affected on the OP's browser or it was just a typo.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

The link you posted has the double quotes at the end included in the link which is why it won't work.

So my mac is messing it up then

Advertisement