Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting to Tallaght Hospital

Options
  • 03-04-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

I'm on placement in tallaght hospital for four weeks starting tomorrow, as shifts start at 7.30am and I live in Harolds Cross i'm taking the 49 that leaves town at 6.10 and walking from the square.

is it easy to find the hospital from the square? i can't seem to figure it out on street view, other than it's fairly close.

also, will this bus/walk get me to tallaght in plenty of time (say like 7.10am).

thanks, haven't been out to the square in ages, i know i'll be so lost and confused, never mind the nerves!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

it's only 5 min walk from any bus stop around the square..i think the 49 stops right outside the entrance to the hospital..if not the last stop in the terminus in the square car park..which is 5 min walk..i'd say the 6.10 bus will get you there early..probably the safest option on the first day. i cant see there being much traffic tallaght bound that hour of the morning. you should be fine!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

As well as the bus, the LUAS drops you virtually to the door, would definitely be worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Tabnabs wrote: »
    As well as the bus, the LUAS drops you virtually to the door, would definitely be worth considering.
    also if you get off at the cookstown LUAS stop it's only a two minute walk from there to the entrance of the health science centre, although if you're on placements (assuming nursing?) the health science centre mightn't be where you're meant to be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Tabnabs wrote: »

Op lives in Harolds Cross the LUAS is not nearby at all. Closest stop is Crumlin.

The 49 bus stops just before the entrance. you will go throught the village first, by the college, then past back of council offices and then get off at the stop just before the next roundabout and the entrance to the hospital is on the right hand side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

thank you so much for all the replies!! put some of my worries to rest!

i have considered the luas but i would be cycling to james' and getting on the tram at about 6.15 anyway, the 49 hopefully will do the trick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

chris85 wrote: »
    Op lives in Harolds Cross the LUAS is not nearby at all. Closest stop is Crumlin.

The 49 bus stops just before the entrance. you will go throught the village first, by the college, then past back of council offices and then get off at the stop just before the next roundabout and the entrance to the hospital is on the right hand side of the road.

The 49 does not serve the village. The route changed in 2009 to operate via Ailesbury and Kiltipper Way (passing Shamrock Rovers ground).

The nearest stop will be outside the Square Shopping Centre - you can walk back to the Hospital from there, which is about 5 minutes walk.

Check out the map here.

The 65 and 65b operate through Rathmines and are far more direct to the Hospital than the 49 if that is any help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

This is the square where the 49 will stop in at it's last stop.

A - Bus Stop. Main upper level car park. You can cut across the car park to main road.

B - Is main entrance to hospital GROUNDS

C - Is main entrance to hospital

map.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 49 also serves the two stops outside the Square saving the need to go into the centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah but on their first trip there they might not be sure. Best to just go into the square at first and then over time just make the shorter trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

thanks for the help guys, i got off outside the carpark and it was a great short walk back to the hospital!

i was there by 6.50! plenty of time to change etc!

• Advertisement
Advertisement