Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL next Thursday Binoculars €17.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

J.R. wrote: »
    Bresser 10 X 50 binoculars in Lidl next Thursaday for €17.99
    http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20110407.p.Binoculars_10_x_50

I used them for the first year for stalking and they did the job for me OK. But keep the rain off them as they will fog up, so just tuck them under your jacket.
    I still keep them in the car boot for the times I need them. Like yesterday at the 50m range for viewing the target hits.

At €18 they are disposable:)

clivej wrote: »
    I used them for the first year for stalking and they did the job for me OK. But keep the rain off them as they will fog up, so just tuck them under your jacket.
    I still keep them in the car boot for the times I need them. Like yesterday at the 50m range for viewing the target hits.

At €18 they are disposable:)

I wonder if you sprayed Bob Heath Antifog on them would it solve that.
    anti-fog%5B1%5D.jpg

Is the clarity any good.

I bought the mother A SILVA BINO's for smal money recently in a closing down sale. The are quite good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Irrespective of the quality they still zoom in and do the job. Fogging is a small issue that can be prevented and as clivej said for €17.99 if the fail, break, get dropped, lost, etc they are not a huge expenditure.

Might just get myself a pair.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

Always handy to have as a cheap disposable back-up.

I've a pair that I've throw underneath the drivers seat in the car. They get forgotton about, stamped on and are kicked about when kids are bored in the back of the car.

But they are always handy to have if you ever spot anything some distance away & you don't have your shooting gear.....plus for anybody with kids you don't mind handed them these to look throw....without palpitations about droppage, stick fingers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

i have a pair of these and for the money they really are great value ,they spend the winter in the car and the summer in a boat and with all the rough treatment they get they have never failed me ,if they were worth more i probably have broke them ages ago :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Picked up a pair of these today, delighted with them, really suprised with their feel and quality - had to open a few boxes to find a pair that had no noticeable minor defects,
    Was able to zoom in on a housing estate accross the road to check them out, handy for the kitchen window or the glovebox .

a giveaway........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Got a pair myself last week - for the money they're spot on, no complaints here either. It also took me a while to find a pair without any minor defects but omce I did I was glad I got them.
    Anyone have any idea when Lidl\Aldi usually bring in their cheap meat mincer ?

vixdname wrote: »
    Got a pair myself last week - for the money they're spot on, no complaints here either. It also took me a while to find a pair without any minor defects but omce I did I was glad I got them.
    Anyone have any idea when Lidl\Aldi usually bring in their cheap meat mincer ?

Shoot a small deer and you won't need a mincer

If you want an economical one

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4226732.htm

A little over €100

Advertisement