Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview Nerves

Options
  • 03-04-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭

I have an interview coming up this week.

I'm in control of my stammer 90% of the time but when nerves kick in control slips and goes way downhill.

I really don't want to lose out on a position I'm more than able for because of my speech.

Does anyone know any good remedies / techniques for overcoming nerves and to keep me in the right frame.

Cheers :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Hey PopTarts,

Try Rescue Remedy. I downed a couple of shots before I had to give an important presentation and it worked a treat.

Like yourself I'm mostly in control of my speech but it is definitely more fragile and under threat when I'm under serious stress. I'm thankfully less prone to stress now than I was though.

And best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

When you get the chance ask the interviewer a few questions to change the balance of conversation. They like you to ask questions anyway. This will cut the amount of time you would be answering them. Good luck. ;)

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Michael O Shea

Hi PopTarts,
    Is your interview work related, radio interview, or tv interview?
    Speak soon,
    Michael.

Advertisement