Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making porridge in a pot...

Options
  • 03-04-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I couldn't get flahavans brand porridge the last time I went shopping, so picked up some organic porridge brand to try it.
    This one doesn't cook well in the microwave at all. :confused: The milk bubbles and boils up over the side of the bowl well before the oats have finished cooking.

It cooks alright in a pot, but once it's finished I'm left with an odd burnt layer of milk on the bottom of the pot. I do stir it often. I don't really have time in the morning to stand over it over ten minutes stirring lol.

Is there a better way to cook porridge so the milk doesn't go all weird? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Soak it in water overnight and add a half cup of milk to give it "creaminess", depending on the amount you cook i normaly ad 2 1/2 cups of water to 1/2 cup of milk I would get 2 - 3 servings from this, it will speed up the cooking but I have never been able to get around not having the marks at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

buy a non stick pot (I got one in Argos for €3.99). I just put half a cup of porridge & a cup of water & milk into the pot, put in on low & give it the very odd stir. Never sticks to the pot. (I have done it in an ordinary pot & spent half the morning cleaning the pot so go out and get a non stick pot)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Goodne wrote: »
    buy a non stick pot (I got one in Argos for €3.99). I just put half a cup of porridge & a cup of water & milk into the pot, put in on low & give it the very odd stir. Never sticks to the pot. (I have done it in an ordinary pot & spent half the morning cleaning the pot so go out and get a non stick pot)

Never thought of that, off to Argos so.......

Advertisement