Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinect

• 03-04-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Im looking to waste some money in the next week and thought Kinect might be a good way of doing it. The problem is im not a 12 year old girl who likes to dance or look after virtual pets. Does anyone know where I can find a Kinect games release date list ? it would be nice to see what was up and coming.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

have to tried gamefaqs? they usually have a release date, or you could google kinect games release dates?? I'd say we're about a year or so for any decent games to come out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Thanks Raze, I will check the URL and most likely keep my hands in my pocket for a few months !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I just bought it at the weekend and am impressed so far - If money's tight, then hold on, but if you've a bunch of vouchers burning a hole in your pocket (like I did) then it's well worth it.

Who cares if you look like a Lula - if it's done right, then you won't mind (Kinect Sports). I knew Dance Central would not be for me, so skipped it. There are some alright games coming out soon (and E3 will probably have more announcements). Many of the 'Hardcore' games appear to be light-gun type rails shooters (like House of the Dead, T2 Arcade game, etc.).

The Gunstringer looks like it could be interesting. Let's see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I'm selling my Kinect with Kinect Adventures on Adverts if your interested Smoggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

smoggy invest your cash on a really nice headset or new games trust me i bought kinect twice and sold it twice as tbh it gets boring very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

smoggy invest your cash on a really nice headset or new games trust me i bought kinect twice and sold it twice as tbh it gets boring very quickly

gonna go for a third? :D ... get some people over and get drunk and play kinect....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Why did you buy it twice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I bought the Kinect the start of March for the missus! She has used it twice! Gathering dust already! Was a good laugh the first weekend wit a few beers but after that gets old quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Agree does get old after awhile..the only good games at present are joyride and sports..Hopefully there will be a good few new releases soon.. Anyone plane either online much?

i have vochures burning a hole.

But I think a pair of jeans instead of Kinect and wait to see if the games come online.

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    gonna go for a third? :D ... get some people over and get drunk and play kinect....
    i bought it release day was disappointed by the games and price of games then sold it..

heard kinect sports was class and said feck it 3 months later and bought it again, its not class my mate steve is a lying brastard lol sold it and now im edgy lol should i buy it again??????

ffs snap out of it im not buying it again lol

Smoggy wrote: »

But I think a pair of jeans instead of Kinect and wait to see if the games come online.
    vouchers for where? what games are you into? loads of gear you could get to burn vouchers lol just not kinect lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

i bought it release day was disappointed by the games and price of games then sold it..

heard kinect sports was class and said feck it 3 months later and bought it again, its not class my mate steve is a lying brastard lol sold it and now im edgy lol should i buy it again??????

ffs snap out of it im not buying it again lol
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kinect_games

Heres a list of games.

Buy the jeans instead. My Kinect is sitting in my closet since November. It sucks balls

vouchers for where? what games are you into? loads of gear you could get to burn vouchers lol just not kinect lol

125 all for one, but there is nothing I need / want just yet. I though Kinect could be the one, but the current game line up looks arse and the future doesnt look much better. To be honest MS should have kept this tech under wraps until they had some games to support it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

125 all for one, but there is nothing I need / want just yet. I though Kinect could be the one, but the current game line up looks arse and the future doesnt look much better. To be honest MS should have kept this tech under wraps until they had some games to support it.

MS were happy to release it because they knew that the people that lapped up the wii would go mad for it. And they did, it seems to be selling very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

I bought my Kinect 2 months ago. Except for a few nights here and there, I use it almost all the time. Recently bought Fitness Evolved, great work out game. I just enjoy the interaction with it... there are no controllers, and is so easy to use. Stands miles above the Wii or Playstation Move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I got it back in November and its a great thing and lots of fun.

The only problem i have is that people are really lazy to play it with ya as its a multi player thing where you have to have atleast two people playing.

Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures are quite good though :)

Was actually the first football game that i like (not a fan of footbal games as i find em boring) Kinect Sports is different and fun, i like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Anyone having issues opening the Fun Labs section?..it opened fine before but just took a noticeable time to load fully , now since the last update it just freezes all the time. Just wondering if if anyone else is getting stuck.

Probably have to delete and reload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Child of Eden is a new Kinect game that's very good.

Otherwise you'll be waiting for these:

Rise of Nightmares
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    Forza 4
    Star Wars Kinect
    The Gunstringer
    Mass Effect 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Does Kinect now recognise speech control in Ireland or do you still need to use a UK account to use voice recognition?

I see according to this article Kinect Sports: Season Two recognises more player-spoken lines than any other game. What use is that to Irish Kinect users?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

has anyone played From Dust (xbla) i think kinect would be great with a game like that, picking up lava and plopping it into the path of a tidal wave

bit off topic, tho

last i heard (last month i think) the voice recog was still UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

cheers

i think kinect will need some serious kinect only titles to give it a boost, i hate to see it doomed to be the virtual pet/jump over barrels toy

Advertisement