Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good beach (Dublin) to get new shells for blue legged hermit crabs

Options
  • 03-04-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Does anyone have any suggestions of where I could get new shells? Can't remember if some of the beaches are just sand...
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Roselm wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone have any suggestions of where I could get new shells? Can't remember if some of the beaches are just sand...
    Thanks

portmarnock and north strand would be best. was there yesterday and with the stormy weather washed loads of shells in . both are sandy beaches

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Great! Thanks for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Suton Strand (behind the hotel) right around to Red Rock at the dinghy/yaught club is brilliant for shellfish and hermit crab shells.

Thats where most of the bait diggers go for supplying fishing tackle shops with worms,peeler crab,razorfish and muscles.Alot of shore anglers also collect their bait from along this stretch of coastline.

You will get your shells there very easily.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Thanks for the advice!
    I'll pop down there and see what I can find.

Advertisement