Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

1980 Transit Camper Van.

• 03-04-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

I have posted this over on the classic car forum also....

i have a 1980 ford transit camper van.
    i bough it some time ago intending to restore it, i havnt had the time to do much to it so its just sitting there.
    Im contemplating finding it a new home.
    It needs some work, New Door, bonet, door sill steps and some rust around arches, engine and gearbox are good....but realy its a project.
    The interior is tidy and the pop top roof works well.
    So what i want to know is....whats it worth roughly and is there a market for it?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    I have posted this over on the classic car forum also....

i have a 1980 ford transit camper van.
    i bough it some time ago intending to restore it, i havnt had the time to do much to it so its just sitting there.
    Im contemplating finding it a new home.
    It needs some work, New Door, bonet, door sill steps and some rust around arches, engine and gearbox are good....but realy its a project.
    The interior is tidy and the pop top roof works well.
    So what i want to know is....whats it worth roughly and is there a market for it?
    Cheers.

Can you post some pics of it?

There's a market for everything these days. What its worth would really depend. Look around on done deal and a few places and get an idea of what ones that are in good shape cost and it'll give you an idea of the value of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭salamander27

From what you've described I'd say clean her up as best you can and put her on donedeal for about a grand.....
    There's a good few old ford enthusiasts out there who may be interested.

I bought our old 1982 transit back in the good times for that much and it needed about the same sort of work. It needs more now but that's on going!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

If you're putting it on donedeal, put it on both campervans and classics (if you can). That way you'll catch the classics heads and the camper types. We were looking for an older VW, and it took us a while to cop that they came up on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

cheers lads....gonna give it a wash, take some pics and stick it up for sale.

Advertisement