Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Tornado Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Paul Sherman Of Net Weather's opinion on current model outlooks...

"
    Model Outlook A Lot Better

Thursday 14th looking a lot better now on the Medium Range Models with Thursday having at least Moderate Instability across Eastern Oklahoma, North East Texas and Eastern Kansas. The good thing is the GFS Has trended westwards on the latest runs and sets up the Dryline along the I-35 Corridoor. The better Tornado chances are furtjer east when Supercells Mature and hit the better Shear and the cranking LLJ. All this congeals into a Messy MCS Over the Arklatex overnight Thursday into Friday leaving a Friday risk in the Tennesse Valley. Looking further ahead Monday looking pretty scary at the moment with Moderate to Strong Instability progged across the Southern Plains, this could be the biggest set-up of the year for these areas if Models continue to show the Northward expansion of rich GOM Moisture ahead of the ejecting trough. The GOM Really is wide open this year in transporting moisture northwards it seems."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

SPC has a Moderate Risk for Thursday now :

2u5uaz9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Should be a good few chasers out streaming tonight. :)

Should be a good few chasers out streaming tonight. :)

Hopefully there'll be some action 2nite! ... Shall be back on from 9 to get the ball rolling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Can i join in the arm-chair chase tonight :D

hopefully we get to see a few tornados

heres another chaser site to view if the likes of Severestudios or Tornadovideos main chasers go down,

http://www.chasertv.com/

its quiet out there now but give it another 3 - 4 hrs and it'll be chockers with chasers out for the big one

GR1.png

• Advertisement

John2009 wrote: »
    Can i join in the arm-chair chase tonight :D

hopefully we get to see a few tornados

Hav a seat John! ... The more the merrier ! ha

Hey While ur here, u have the fz100 aswell dont u?... do u find it slow goin through pictures and settings on it?

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Hav a seat John! ... The more the merrier ! ha

Hey While ur here, u have the fz100 aswell dont u?... do u find it slow goin through pictures and settings on it?

Hey Ian, i sold the camera about 2 weeks ago through adverts and i'm going to get a Canon 550D or 600D around mid May,

to answer your question, i never noticed it been any bit slow during playback of photos or going through settings, i felt it worked fine but in my opinion its a difficult camera to use in very low light or night time shooting of video or photos.

i'll pick up one of the cameras mentioned above with a 50mm 1.8 and save for the summer to pick up a nice Zoom prime lens which should keep me happy through the winter months.

back on topic, there's a nice convoy of chasers making their way south and north towards SE Kansas and E Oklahoma,

hope everyone is safe over there for the rest of the evening and night and we here at home get to see some nice live footage.

Hey Ian, i sold the camera about 2 weeks ago through adverts and i'm going to get a Canon 550D or 600D around mid May,

to answer your question, i never noticed it been any bit slow during playback of photos or going through settings, i felt it worked fine but in my opinion its a difficult camera to use in very low light or night time shooting of video or photos.

i'll pick up one of the cameras mentioned above with a 50mm 1.8 and save for the summer to pick up a nice Zoom prime lens which should keep me happy through the winter months.

back on topic, there's a nice convoy of chasers making their way south and north towards SE Kansas and E Oklahoma,

hope everyone is safe over there for the rest of the evening and night and we here at home get to see some nice live footage.

Was that u wit the 20 or so photos for it on adverts? ha , i was thinking about selling it too, apart from it being slow i also think its completly below standard in low light. I would hav been better just waiting and buying the tz 20 . But ye , 550,600d sounds great man, hope ya get some nice shots using it.

BAck to topic indeed, the weather channel live still aint streaming yet.. :( , hope it gets working soon! :(

Latest Mesoscale Discussion for the main target area tonight

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0425.html

MCD1.png

• Advertisement

Yea i got rid of it, still got some nice photos and abit of video but i still felt kinda left down by it, if i had maybe hung out a few more weeks and gathered more funds i would have a Canon DSLR to hand now but sure what harm, whats another few more weeks when i'll have a camera that i should get a good few years out of, took a big loss on it too :( because there going for handy money now :mad:

OT
    Keep an eye on the Severestudios site as they will more than likely have a stream coming from the news network in Oklahoma City and they'll have a chopper in the air when things kick off,

choppercam is awesome when theres a tornado on the ground :D

OT
    Keep an eye on the Severestudios site as they will more than likely have a stream coming from the news network in Oklahoma City and they'll have a chopper in the air when things kick off,

choppercam is awesome when theres a tornado on the ground :D[/QUOTE]

Cant go wrong with Chopper-Cam! :D , put up a link if u notice it online... ill keep track on TWC.

Particularly Danegrous Situation Tornado Watch (PDS) :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0135.html

its gonna get hairy out there for the residents and chasers and i hope they have a plan in place should tornados come their way,

Be Safe

PDSTornadoWatch1.png

GR2.png

Particularly Danegrous Situation Tornado Watch (PDS) :eek::eek::eek:

The link for the PDS Tornado Watch is down at the moment on the SPC website, i'll post it as it comes online again,

its gonna get hairy out there for the residents and chasers and i hope they have a plan in place should tornados come their way,

Be Safe

Was expecting a PDS to be issued, this could lead to some serious potentially long tacked tornadoes.
    Hopefully any tornado will stay clear of the main towns and cities.

Why the féck is the Weather channel not streaming!? :(:(:(

Tyler Costantini is live with an audio feed from Severestudios

http://www.severestudios.com/cgi-bin/player.pl?username=tyler.costantini&uid=157

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Was expecting a PDS to be issued, this could lead to some serious potentially long tacked tornadoes.
    Hopefully any tornado will stay clear of the main towns and cities.

Why the féck is the Weather channel not streaming!? :(:(:(

I reckon as soon as the thunderstorms start firing bigtime they'll go live on air to cover it

I reckon as soon as the thunderstorms start firing bigtime they'll go live on air to cover it

ye ur probably right...

Things are getting busy out there now with storm-chasers :)

were going to have so many live streams to choose from later that'll it even be a nightmare for the armchair chaser to be able to keep up with things :eek:

GR3.png

Looks like We have a storm! , W of Cushing... Supercell soon id say...

Just waiting on the next scan to update on GRlevel3 to see if it intensifies,

theres another cell to the north of the Cushing cell and one to the north of Ardmore City in southern Oklahoma

• Advertisement

That cell south of Ponca City is firing up

That cell south of Ponca City is firing up

Starting to get a bad feeling about this... the speed of these storms growing!

Winds arent that fast so if a tornado drops its gonna be on the ground for awhile!

Whats GR level 3?

Thats the radar program i use from which i post the screen grabs from,

nice little program and would be a storm chasers favourite :)

cheap enough too, i have it about 2 years and in total it cost me like $80

theres a free 21 day trial to check it out and see if its any use to you before purchase

http://www.grlevelx.com/

That cell went severe warned just south of Ponca City

the wind on tyler's stream sounds crazy ha

Tylers stream is down for me so you can also view Tim Puringtons live stream with audio and quiet good video to boot

http://www.severestudios.com/cgi-bin/player.pl?username=tim.purington&uid=33

Storms are rapidly going severe

GR4.png

Randy Denzer TVN looks to be getting ready to shoot a Tornado, funnel cloud appearing !!! :D

• Advertisement

Looks like a developing funnel on Tim Puringtons stream

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement