Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Tornado Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Is there any streams that regularly have audio as well? lots of the ones on severestudios dont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Is there any streams that regularly have audio as well? lots of the ones on severestudios dont
    http--www.tornadovideos.net-live enjoy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Boy, could I do with six monitors and a 100MB BB :)

156719.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Another High Risk for today :eek:
    WIND FIELDS
    THROUGHOUT THE TROPOSPHERE WILL STRENGTHEN WITH THE APPROACHING
    TROUGH/JET MAX...AND THE COMBINATION OF THE TWO IS EXPECTED TO
    RESULT IN A TORNADO OUTBREAK...WITH LONG-TRACKED STRONG TO VIOLENT
    TORNADOES POSSIBLE OVER THE HIGH RISK AREA.

For the ferociousness of yesterday's storm systems, there are very few actual tornado report this AM. These systems rolled in all night long and there are still trackers and chasers catching the rain, hail and lightening.

• Advertisement

smashing Birmingham right now. Deaths reported. Reed Timmer had been on it but was blovked by traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Scary scenes from Tuscalusa , NOT GOOD...

Definitely EF4 strength at least...

I've just estimated the track From Tuscaloosa to Sprinvale [through Birmingham] at 74 miles!!!!

Debris falling from sky and a seemingly constant EF4 damage. Tornado weakened in Birmingham but seemingly has restrengthened.

Crazy stuff....has to be the most intense April in living memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What a day its been so far.

A2CD51F5AB34438B82E0AF7F697E0011-0000324468-0002291593-01200L-C91485DD354949C79C96859174138FFA.jpg

At least 72 people killed last night in the storms, 58 people died in Alabama alone. Shocking stuff. :(

149 Tornado Reports.

Still 2 tornado watches in place.

Being described as the never ending storm, last night's systems dropped 45 tornadoes and claimed as many lives. It's hard to get an accurate picture with all the broadcasting companies only reporting in heir own area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Death toll has risen to 159 now. Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

My cousin is missing after the storms. The house he was sharing was leveled. Hope he managed to get to safety somewhere.

Terrible news this is... they seen it coming for so long , i hope numbers dont keep rising.
    Lets hope many multiples of lives WERE saved due to warnings on tv's and radios alike.

El Horseboxo, i hope ur cousin is found safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

My cousin is missing after the storms. The house he was sharing was leveled. Hope he managed to get to safety somewhere.
    hope your cousin is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

178 people killed (so far )

Maybe Iancar should take a first aid course before leaving :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

215 people now, terrible news. Amazing how many storms theres been this month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Harps wrote: »
    215 people now, terrible news. Amazing how many storms theres been this month

Makes the earlier parts of the thread look in very bad taste. Can't believe the death toll is that high after all the warnings though . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

2 confirmed tornadoes so far today, both in North Carolina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Really spine chilling stuff going on here. Loss of human life along with the unspeakable damage is very very sad.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/04/tornadoes_kill_over_200.html

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

I grew up in this area (Little Rock, Ark) and saw many a tornado (and the resulting damage) and it's hard to get any real sense of what they're like from video footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

:D
    Makes the earlier parts of the thread look in very bad taste. Can't believe the death toll is that high after all the warnings though . . .

The systems are a lot better from the ones I grew up with but a lot of the same problems exist. Such as not wanting to abandon their home, insufficient storm shelters in homes and trailer parks and people being caught out doors coming from work and such. Tornadoes are very much like the boy who cried wolf. Lots of people can grow up in the heart of tornado alley and never see any. But they experience the warnings which can appear disruptive when you emerge from shelter and there's no damage or tornado. So it can instill a reluctant attitude in certain people and they won't react in as safe a manner as done previously. I know at times even I've said screw it I'm not going down the shelter as I doubted there would be a tornado near me. But as you know. They are highly unpredictable.

Any word on your cousin Elhorseboxo?

3 weeks! WOO! :D

157062.jpg

• Advertisement

Wahay!!! Fame at last Iano :)

Great stuff.

Cant wait for the blog from you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement