Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharpening razor blades

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Just buy a safety razor off www.shaving.ie, 50 blades for €9.

I'd question just how good that disposable could be. I would have thought they'd harden the edge of the blade meaning your shaving with the soft metal underneath when you sharpen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Genius. It's people like this guy that makes life worth living. No obvious gain in what he's doing, just sharing... Love it*

*sharpens Mach 3 against jeans as he types

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

been doing the for years with mine, I use the palm of my hand, (thick bit, base of thumb.

makes a real difference. essencitally same as using a belt on a cut-throat razor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Spore wrote: »
    Genius. It's people like this guy that makes life worth living. No obvious gain in what he's doing, just sharing... Love it*

Cheers for the support. I was expecting more stroppy comments, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Don't worry, there are guys here that'll lather them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Pfft. How do you replace the nice slippy Aloe Vera strip if you rub it on your jeans?

just buy new razors you cheapskates...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Whatever yous do don't buy the fusion blades off the chancers on Henry st/Moore st, i was stupid enough to buy some a couple of years back, they look the part but they'll shred the face off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I have been looking at a number of postings on the internet and this posting is a very good posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I actually ran out of blades yesterday, seen this thread just in time. Gave it a go, works quite well I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

<---runs off to the patent office to apply for a patent for "disposable razorblade sharpening device"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I did this with a shick quattro last night. It works; I was happy - got a great shave with a blade that should have been in the bin.

My only worry is that the blades became very shiny afterwards. Usually, with DE razors at least, that's a sign you should throw the blade away. Don't know if it applies with cartridge blades though.

Advertisement