Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD MRUP

Options
  • 03-04-2011 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Got accepted to do this at the beginning of the year and am only starting to ask questions and consider it now as my first option has fallen through.

I am just wondering is it impossible or would you be likely to pass it? I don't want to pay all that money to find out half way through its impossible. my friend has to get a 70% average to get her masters from a different UCD course is the MRUP the same?

any info on the masters would be brill. thanks a mill :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shangoes

Hi Planner101,

Your in luck, did it 2 years ago.. just be aware there is unlikely to be any planning work in this country for the next number of years and any job you go for you might be up against people with 10 yrs+ experience who have lost their jobs.

While most of us got maybe a few months work after... I think only 1 or 2 are still working in planning. Most are actually gone back to do teaching! Even jobs abroad are hard to come by. Important to know before you fork out €15K and spend 2 years at it!!

A very interesting and general course, I did enjoy it, having said that because its so general you wouldn't the skills to do anything related after, say GIS tech, work in property development etc So think hard why you want to do it. If its just out of interest then stay away.. Find a niche you enjoy and study that.

I'm still in property but found at interviews that it went against me.. "I see your a town planner, why are you applying for this?" Did a Diploma course related to the area i'm in to get around that.

As for it being hard to pass its a thought masters so you just have to pass it and its not hard to pass, or wasn't when I did it, didn't have to put a massive amount of time in either.. went on a lot of sessions, worked part time, still got a 2:1.

Any questions PM me!

Advertisement