Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP 6735s screen issues

• 03-04-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have the above laptop and it has just started putting a pink and green hazey colour on the display at a certain point. I can open it and use it no problem but if I open it back further it does this. If I take a screen shot in this position it comes out fine so I presume its a hardware issue. Just wondering what causes this and how can it be fixed, or will it get any worse as I need to use the laptop this week. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

I sounds like an issue with the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard.

If you know what you're doing you could open it up and have a look if the cable looks frayed. And if you really know what you're doing you could replace it.

That said, if you "need" your laptop this week, I'd leave bad enough alone until you don't "need" it for a while. Then either get tooled up and have a go (that's what I'd do) or bring it into a laptop repair shop to see what they say. Be careful about giving a laptop with any sensitive data on it to a repair shop though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Verres wrote: »
    I sounds like an issue with the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard.

If you know what you're doing you could open it up and have a look if the cable looks frayed. And if you really know what you're doing you could replace it.

That said, if you "need" your laptop this week, I'd leave bad enough alone until you don't "need" it for a while. Then either get tooled up and have a go (that's what I'd do) or bring it into a laptop repair shop to see what they say. Be careful about giving a laptop with any sensitive data on it to a repair shop though.

I am struggling on with it at the moment and have mailed a few shops. They believe it to be a loose cable but if not they want to replace the whole screen even though it is perfect. Trying to decide will I take it apart for a look now or bring it into a shop. I have already had parts of it disassembled anyway so I have a good idea what I'm doing, cant seem to sorce a replacement cable though. Thanks I will also be careful of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

If you've got it partly disassembled already, I'd try to go the whole hog. You should be able to get a replacement ribbon cable online. Maybe you won't need one - maybe it just needs to be re-seated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,315 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

re-seating the cable is easy, especially since its most likely the end of the ribbon thats in the lid. you'd only have to remove the casing from the lid, I dont think you'd even need to remove the screen from it's braces.

Advertisement