Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help setting up RC Helicopter

Options
  • 03-04-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have several petrol and small electric helicopters and just got a Carson Tyrann 450 3D electric model from a friend. Although I can fly them as a novice, this one needs to be set up properly to get it off the ground. The previous owner did it no favors, so it needs to be set up from scratch.

Could somebody help me?. I would gladly pay somebody to do it as I really want to get it flying and for the last year its sitting in the attic.

I live in North Co-Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

First thing I would do is to download the manual, here. Then check if if all the linkages have been set up correctly.

This should enable you to hover at least, which is where you want to be really. No point in any of the other stuff unless you're going to use it.

As a matter of interest, where in NCD do you fly?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 maxer

Thanks.
    I have all the manuals etc and I have tried to set it up myself. The main problem I am having is the remote control setup which is a multiples sx cockpit and with the Carson speed controller etc. It just wont rotate and i have tried everything. It will definitely take somebody who have experience with setting these up . Once i have it running I should be able to maintain and repair it as i do with the petrol ones.

As for the flying, I have a place in cork also and own a few fields around it, so this is where i fly the petrol raptor 30 and i was joined with the Shannon model club so used to also fly in Shannon.

I bought the carson 450 to allow me to have something simple to fly that i could have in the boot of the car and i was planning to join a club here in Dublin as i live here now full time. Ive been down to the phoenix park and will probably end up down there. Or If you know of some place in North Dublin that would be great, or if there is a club close-by even better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'm sorry I've no experience with your specific kit.

Just trying to help though by narrowing things down:

Do you have control over any of the servos?
    Is there power going to the motor?
    Reset ESC, and recalibrate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Heli`s can be tricky enough to setup and even more so if you have not done it before. That heli is a CCPM one, so the radio has to be setup as a 120 degree CCPM for a start anyway, then the throttle curves, putch curves, tail and gyro. I have done a few for others but im down in navan.

Never used the multiplex either, but would not imagine it would be overly difficult to do on an unfamiliar radio.

Has the heli been flown at all before? What gyro has it got?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

That heli is almost identical to the T-Rex SE. It has some upgrades not included on the SE version, but any instructions that apply to the Align 450 will apply to the Carson.
    There is a plethora of Align T-Rex info on the web, though you'll have to sift through a ton of sales junk.
    Hopefully this will allow you to widen your search and find what you need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement