Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get school books in Cork city?

Options
  • 03-04-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Need somewhere with up-to-date and a good selection of the current History books for the junior and leaving certs - Easons didn't seem to have anything other then exam papers, grind books etc unless I looked in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

High Street Books usually seems to be the place post people go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Orizio wrote: »
    Need somewhere with up-to-date and a good selection of the current History books for the junior and leaving certs - Easons didn't seem to have anything other then exam papers, grind books etc unless I looked in the wrong place.

Liam Russell on Oliver Plunkett Street might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

evilivor wrote: »
    Liam Russell on Oliver Plunkett Street might be worth a look.

twas always the place to go when I was buying books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Try J&K Schoolbooks down by the courthouse, it's on a side street which leads to the Washington Inn

It's run by my old secondary school History teacher.

Can't remember her real name but Rambo was her nickname

Partially due to her ability to appear out of nowhere and catch you acting the bollix
    and possibly due to the way she'd stop explaining various military campaigns to demonstrate how if they done X,Y or Z they would have been successful

Very nice lady under normal circumstances, you might be able to do a good deal if your buying a good few books

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Try J&K Schoolbooks down by the courthouse, it's on a side street which leads to the Washington Inn

It's run by my old secondary school History teacher.

Can't remember her real name but Rambo was her nickname

I worked there on Saturdays when I was in College. Káit is the woman there. She's a legend :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Liam Russells have a full selection of books all year round. Easons don't keep their stock during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CrankyCod

The Shelf in Georges Quay is also worth a visit, they keep new and second-hand versions of the books for the current curriculums. (curriculae? curriculumses?)

Advertisement