Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old RTE christmas show

• 03-04-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭

I found this on youtube.
    It is a recording of an RTE Christmas show from 1970.
    Apparently it is an off air 405 line recording,RTE having long since wiped it.
    Can you spot the stars?
    Can you spot Gay Byrne dressed as a Nazi soldier?
    And,for a packet of genuine Jacobs Goldgrain Biscuits,can you identify what comedy televsion show is Gaybo imitating?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Were'nt we easily pleased :)

Right Ive got Patricia Cahill and John Mc Nally decorating the tree.And elsewhere!
    Sean Dunphy-bus conduter and Tiny Tim and elsewhere.
    Eamon Morrisy interviewing Cinderella and The spirit
    Brendan Bowyer
    Dickie Rock
    Charles Mitchell..A proper news reader!!
    Last but not least..Gaybo..The Rowan Martin Laugh in

Do I get biccies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

mike murphy and twink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭cml387

chucken1 wrote: »
    Were'nt we easily pleased :)

Right Ive got Patricia Cahill and John Mc Nally decorating the tree.And elsewhere!
    Sean Dunphy-bus conduter and Tiny Tim and elsewhere.
    Eamon Morrisy interviewing Cinderella and The spirit
    Brendan Bowyer
    Dickie Rock
    Charles Mitchell..A proper news reader!!
    Last but not least..Gaybo..The Rowan Martin Laugh in

Do I get biccies?

Biccies it is.

We were easily pleased,but that sketch send up of Seven Days looks exactly like Apres Match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭kevin99

Frank Kelly, Mike Murphy is the bus conductor, Des Keogh is decorating the tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I think Sean Dunphy was the bus conductor. Gosh it was simple old stuff! I am especially delighted to see Charles Mitchell - I used to tell my childer about him, how beautifully he spoke, and very occasionally there would be a humorous story in the news bulletin and Charles would allow a little chuckle to escape - we loved it. Maurice O'Doherty was another news reader with an eloquent speaking voice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement