Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

haven't been fishing in years, i'm thinkin about headin down spinnin or with a float for mackerel on dun laoghaire pier, anyone know if there are many about down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scubasteve1

Any being caught in Skerries yet???? I was down there last weekend and didnt have any luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Duffmiester

Seen mak's being caught on howth rocks yesterday.

And seen fish jumping up at bullwall too.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Any movement in Helvic or Ardmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Any up dates on Clogherhead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Seen mak's being caught on howth rocks yesterday.

And seen fish jumping up at bullwall too.

Where are these lad... ?/

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

elius wrote: »

Mullet I'd say, always see them jumping around the wooden bridge there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scubasteve1

elius wrote: »

If you go to the east pier and follow the the road (think it's the balscadden road) up the coast, there's a small carpark and you fish from the rocks.

I THINK this is the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

Scubasteve1, im pretty sure thats the place your on about, take the turn at Annes newsagents and follow the road up to the car park, down the cliffs it is. I was up there today and caught enough macks to keep me happy but its terrible hard to get a space as alot of non Irish are everywhere. Ill be back up in the morning to get a place, no point trying up there past 4 o`clock wont get a spot

Scubasteve1, im pretty sure thats the place your on about, take the turn at Annes newsagents and follow the road up to the car park, down the cliffs it is. I was up there today and caught enough macks to keep me happy but its terrible hard to get a space as alot of non Irish are everywhere. Ill be back up in the morning to get a place, no point trying up there past 4 o`clock wont get a spot

were you catching in ones or did you get any full houses? Might go tomorrow with my new spinning rod

• Advertisement

1s 2s and 3s, no full houses but 3 was the most on set of 4 feathers, might meet you up there today then :) best of luck mate

1s 2s and 3s, no full houses but 3 was the most on set of 4 feathers, might meet you up there today then :) best of luck mate

Cheers man, went up at half 12 today but the tide was out and there was no decent spots left so i just left. Did you make it up yourself?

I got up at 1, just missed you I got a spot easy enough fished for about 45mins with no luck and left because of the rain, nobody was catching today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's another spot at Balscadden about 300 metres before the car park one. It's over a low wall between the white cottage and the big house. Just do us a big favour, take your rubbish home. (not directed at anyone in particular). That place was a disgrace for years and has been cleaned up recently.

Also some caught off the end of the East Pier and a few off the West Pier around high tide.

I got up at 1, just missed you I got a spot easy enough fished for about 45mins with no luck and left because of the rain, nobody was catching today

Yeah today was a write off. Ah well at least we know they're in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 polikou

Any mackerel landed at Dun Laoghaire yet?

Tricky D. I always take a trip down the first one to see how lads are getting on, seems to be cleaner than last year but the second is in a state, cans everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Heading down to Dungarvan for the weekend - any reports of mackerel ? Worth packing the rods ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Was in boat-strand (waterford) this evening only the 2 and one that got away still poor...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

much mak's being caught in Clogherhead at the mo? They were a bit late comming into Clogher last year thats why im wondering. Thinking of heading up at somestage next week ta try get a few for the pan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I think its too flippin cold !!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭david_1888

I was out in Dun Laoghaire yesterday evening on a cycle, asked a few anglers along the band stand pier and they said was very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Nothing this morning off Balscadden think it might take a heatwave for them to be caught in good numbers

On the flipside i caught a nice Bass on a nearby location

7lb 4ozs

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Nothing this morning off Balscadden think it might take a heatwave for them to be caught in good numbers

7lb 4ozs

nice bass, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

Sparks43 wrote: »

7lb 4ozs

very nice bass you have there

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

wheres the nearby location???:D:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Think the mackies might be appearing at long last. Got 32 biting feathers today off rocks at Fanad head. Time to make room in the freezer :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

browner85 wrote: »
    wheres the nearby location???:D:D:p

its a very well known spot

but for some reason i have never seen anyone else fishing it

cant name it as it would be easy to net and clean:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

hi all, looking for a safe place to take my 6yr old mackerel fishing Cork/Kerry area's, any helpful ideas?

thanks.

medicman

• Advertisement

Got one off Balscadden yesterday, one other guy got one aswell. Just short of a pound. Using a 12 foot carp rod, small bait runner and braid, Great craic bringing him in!

Advertisement