Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How well does my PC stand up today?

• 03-04-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭

Hey all, 5 years ago I built a pc mainly as a gaming rig. However once I went to college I had to get a laptop and found the pc gathering dust, that is untill I decided to hook it all back up yesterday!

Was just wondering though considering its 5 years old, how well does it fare with handling todays latest games such as Shogun 2 or Crysis 2?

Here are the specs...(ive nearly forgotten what half of this stuff means anymore!)

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2GHz Socket 939,1MB, BOXED w/fan

Motherboard - EPoX EP-9NPA+ SLI,nForce4 SLI,Socket-939,ATX,S-ATA2,GbLAN,Firewire,DDR, PCI-Ex16

Graphics Card -nvidia geforce 7800gt 256mb

1024mb RAM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

many 2009 plus, games require dual core cpu, 2.oghz ,2gig ram 200meg vram grahics card minimum spec ,so for new action games its out of date , its ok for wow ,call of duty 2 , older games or non fps games .Depends what type of game you want to play.
    the cpu is single core, i think crysis 2 needs at least intel core duo, google crysis 2 requirements.sell it on adverts ie, or put in a new mobo ,new cpu ,new grahics card.
    you could sell or give away the old mobo,cpu.
    See http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=616&game=Crysis%202
    get a grahics card at least 512meg vram.
    even the fastest single core cpu wont play the new action, fps games .

Advertisement