Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E51 - proxy settings

Options
  • 03-04-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me how to add proxy settings for a wireless network on an e51. I've looked through all the settings in connectivity and i can't find anything.

I need to add a http proxy to use it on the UCD WaveLan network and IT services were no help. He told me it probably could be done but he knew nothing about nokias :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

bumpity bump

would flashing my phone to a newer firmware help? does anybody know if the ability to use proxies came as on update?

Also can the e51 do a forced OTA update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

On my E51, i can set proxy settings for a Known Wireless Connection (eg. My Home WiFi).

SETTINGS -> CONNECTION -> ACCESS POINTS -> "WIRELESS ACCESS POINT" -> OPTIONS -> EDIT -> ADVANCED SETTINGS.

And therein lie your IPv4/IPv6 settings, Proxy Server Address, Proxy Port Number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

My old E51 could connect to the UCD network, but only for the browser (possibly UCD Connect email), no other apps. UCD blocks a lot of ports, it's the same on laptops. I did upgrade my firmware alright, couldn't tell you which version I had on it in the end.

Edit the proxy as xsiborg described above. Tbh, connecting phones to the UCD network is a pain. Your milage may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Nice one guys! I had been trying to find it under connectivity, not settings...

Also wavelan seems to be working for me in other apps such as gmail, probably because it uses http traffic. I haven't tried it with skype yet:D

Advertisement