Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Limerick

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Sorry, Parteen is just over the border from Limerick, big issue/concern among the locals is whether any boundary extension will move that area into Limerick county or not.

As someone who thinks we'd be better off combining Limerick and Clare I was just making a bad (as in unfunny) joke.

Thinking of buying around there, as I'm a langer from Cork could anyone give me the lowdown on the pros/cons of the border moving out? or point me towards a previous thread

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

D1stant wrote: »
    Thinking of buying around there, as I'm a langer from Cork could anyone give me the lowdown on the pros/cons of the border moving out? or point me towards a previous thread

Thanks

It won't make much difference to Parteen, the GAA club would probably stay in the Clare catchment area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

I can't see the border encompassing Parteen as its an old village and a lot of residents are proud to be Clare. Its the same when you get further out into Clonlara and Ardnacrusha too.

Shannon Banks and Westbury should really be part of Limerick though, they are just there because of the city, and I'd hazard a guess that a majority of the people there consider their addresses to be Limerick.

I don't really know how the boundary extension will affect the area really, other than people not willing to have Limerick addresses. That said, all the above areas completely rely on the city for everything and should be considered part of Limerick tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

It won't make much difference to Parteen, the GAA club would probably stay in the Clare catchment area.

Well the GAA club is in Westbury, which would become Limerick if the border was extended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Well the GAA club is in Westbury, which would become Limerick if the border was extended.

Doesn't matter, sporting codes get to choose their own boundaries. The only way it could change is if the club and Clare GAA wanted it to change. Loads of border teams play in a different county to the one the club is physically located in, it's usually just a matter of convenience. Afaik there's Offaly clubs that play in Tipp (Moneygall) and Tipp clubs that play in Kilkenny. Tbh, if anyone uses that argument in a discussion, just grab some pebbles and try and sell them magic beans. You've probably got a decent chance of selling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Doesn't matter, sporting codes get to choose their own boundaries. The only way it could change is if the club and Clare GAA wanted it to change. Loads of border teams play in a different county to the one the club is physically located in, it's usually just a matter of convenience. Afaik there's Offaly clubs that play in Tipp (Moneygall) and Tipp clubs that play in Kilkenny. Tbh, if anyone uses that argument in a discussion, just grab some pebbles and try and sell them magic beans. You've probably got a decent chance of selling them.

there are no tipp clubs that play in Kilkenny. on the matter of Moneygall, the vast majority of the parish is in Offaly. the border actually runs through their GAA field with most of the field being in Tipp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mollyflops

if my contract gets renewed in 2 weeks time, me and my 2 small doggies will be moving to limerick. dont want to share as im in my late 20's and sorta feel im done with living wit strangers.
    dogs are 4 and no trouble. i own my own house in cork and am letting that out to move. dont want to spend more than 550. ground floor flat..willing to put in a bit of work??? any suggestions..internet not pet friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

mollyflops wrote: »
    if my contract gets renewed in 2 weeks time, me and my 2 small doggies will be moving to limerick. dont want to share as im in my late 20's and sorta feel im done with living wit strangers.
    dogs are 4 and no trouble. i own my own house in cork and am letting that out to move. dont want to spend more than 550. ground floor flat..willing to put in a bit of work??? any suggestions..internet not pet friendly
    Can be hard to find pet friendly places to rent.
    if ya change your mind on sharing, here's my place
    http://www.daft.ie/3630465
    dog friendly, just waiting on a new doggy myself :) Across road from local park, so lots of nice places to walk dogs, and a decent sized back garden. you have seperate TV room and that too so you have plenty of space and privacy if ya like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mollyflops

hi thanks for reply, that actually looks great. im hoping ill know in a week or 2 so if all goes well and its still available ill definately get onto u.
    thanks.x
    jan

Advertisement