Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to pre-order? (UK)

Options
  • 03-04-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just looking for some info on which UK retailers ship pre-order games early/on-time. I was going to pre-order Portal 2 on Gamestop today, checked this morning and the price was still ~€40. When I came home after putting money on a pre-paid Visa, the price was bumped up to €50. Looking at Zavvi right now, €38.45. Anyone pre-ordered with them before? I put an order through on Amazon, then cancelled it after I saw that the delivery date was April 28th

I doubt any Irish retailers can match the price of <€40, so where can I get it delivered for, or before, launch day? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I can only speak from experience from within the UK but GAME, Amazon and Coolshop have always dispatched my stuff so that I have it either on or before launch day.

In terms of pre-ordering stuff in general I prefer Amazon as you can edit your order more effectively with regards method of purchase/address compared to the other lot whose online systems are patchy at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I'm actually going to email Gamestop, and see if they'll offer it to me at the advertised price. This is still on their website

Portal2_540x240.jpg

It's valid until April 21st, and while stocks last. Surely this means all stock? They're still advertising it as in-stock, but at 49.99. Or could it refer to some advance stock that they got at a lower price?

I'll get in contact with them, any way!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Amazon are your best bet, not sure about pre orders but the majority of their stuff is shipped from the wharehouse in Dublin so gets here even quicker. UK orders are hit and miss some arrive the day before but most are the day after and if its a Friday release that means Monday and if you have a postman that doesnt seem to work Monday's that could end up being Tuesday. :D

But i havent pre ordered a game in years, usually just pick them up in store. HMV being the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

90% of the time i preorder from thehut or sendit, gets dispatched on the sunday before release and receive it on the monday after release which suits me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

It's cool, I emailed Gamestop and they fixed the price :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement