Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing new games on 3.55?

Options
  • 03-04-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi guys, I am currently running Kmeaw's 3.55 FW and love it, but I got Tiger Woods 12 and it says I must be running 3.56. How can I solve this problem?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Upgrade to 3.56 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

Send me a PM

EnterNow wrote: »
    Upgrade to 3.56 :)

That probably came across as a bit of a smart assed answer, so apologies of so, it wasn't intended that way. To do what your asking, game files will have to be replaced with decrypted & modified game files...& we're again venturing into grey area territory by allowing help/advice on the matter & as such we can't permit it.

If you've gotten help by pm your probably sorted by now, but suffice it to say, we can't permit on thread advice & help on the solution to your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Any chance that the 'grey area' of providing advice on FW and modding can be investigated by the Boards legal team. Is it a Mod decision or have you ben given specific advice? Many threads have been locked or links removed because of this. The irony of not being allowed to discuss the specifics of 'console modding' on a thread dedicated to that very name is not lost on me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's not console modding at that stage, it's circumventing software protections put in place by copyright holders.

• Advertisement

manster wrote: »
    Any chance that the 'grey area' of providing advice on FW and modding can be investigated by the Boards legal team. Is it a Mod decision or have you ben given specific advice? Many threads have been locked or links removed because of this. The irony of not being allowed to discuss the specifics of 'console modding' on a thread dedicated to that very name is not lost on me

When it comes to boards.ie as a legal entity, do you not think it's within their interest to protect themselves...especially when it comes to grey area matters? We're lucky we have this forum at all ;)

There's no question that can't be asked & answered here when its worded correctly. How can I run copied games - How can I run homebrew. I'm getting an error message from my backup manager help me - I'm getting an error message from my media manager - help me. You just have to use common sense, realise this forum isn't to teach kids how to steal games, & above all respect the forum and boards itself. If you can do all that, you can ask anything you want.

The trouble is, people don't like to use their heads in these matters. Your always welcome to talk to the forum mods or Cmods if you wish to discuss it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Besides, any information that can't be gleaned from boards.ie about these matters can quite easily be found in abundance elsewhere on the interwebz. A quick google search for the game and then something like 'patch' will give you all the answers that you need.

It's not console modding at that stage, it's circumventing software protections put in place by copyright holders.

Indeed. The vast majority of people automatically associate console modding with piracy, which is unfortunate. There will always be grey areas in this field, and being seen to actively support pirating would put a very big spotlight on this forum...and none of us want that.

Again I've seen those who said that defeats the purpose of having this forum, I beg to differ. I've asked questions myself here that were adapted to fit into the rules, it's common sense really.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Besides, any information that can't be gleaned from boards.ie about these matters can quite easily be found in abundance elsewhere on the interwebz. A quick google search for the game and then something like 'patch' will give you all the answers that you need.

Absolutely, when in doubt - google.

Advertisement