Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise triathlon.

Options
  • 03-04-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Any fellow boardsies doing the sprint triathlon here in Portlaoise on Saturday. Its my first. Looking forward to it now :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I is indeed..................

Its my 1st also, i've found the local club a great help with training etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Deadly elvis. I am not a member of the club but wish I was now because I have loads of questions.
    I think I will join after the race.
    What time are you hoping for? I'm planning 1hr20 min Ish. Don't know really. First time and all.

You can join any time

www.trilogy.ie

Winter training is coming to an end in the next few weeks but then there will be summer training 6 days a week in all 3 areas.

Have a look at the site, i've found the members a great help along the way.

The club run their own tri and dual during the year and these are over the same route every time so you can see improvments along the way.

My time will be closer to 1:40 as i only started swimming in Jan and am VERY slow in the pool. But its a builder as i have nenagh at the end of April and Dunmore East in June !

What you wearing on the day?
    I don't have a trI suit but thinking of Picking one up. It could be very cold though. Weather Is given bad and if it's windy it could be freezing.

Prob cycling shorts in the pool and a t shirt and maybe compression top when I get out. I have a club tri suit on order but prob won't have it by sat.

The weather actually looks good so fingers crossed the compression top won't be needed

• Advertisement

It's pouring out there right now. :)
    Rain I can deal with, but wet, cold, windy + skimpy clothes Won't do it for me.

Well good luck elvis. I hope it goes well for you. I'm regretting saying 1:20 now. :)
    I will head down for registration this evening at seven.

Right back at ya, i was in there today workinh out some set up, i also got myself a tri suit.

PM me your number and your wave, i'll be on the mic after i finish and can give you a shout out !

I am number 200. Wave 6. So i guess i will be late enough. What wave are you?
    If you cant sleep then listen to this podcast link
    Inspirational stuff.

How did you get on elvis?
    I did it in 1:19:38 so I am happy. I was held up badly in the swim. Started in last place and had to pass everyone in the lane. Found it very hard to get going on the bike after the swim. Short of breath. I will work on the transitions for next time.
    Great event all round. Well organised and marshals were very helpful and encouraging. Perfect for a first race.

• Advertisement

Bicky wrote: »
    How did you get on elvis?
    I did it in 1:19:38 so I am happy. I was held up badly in the swim. Started in last place and had to pass everyone in the lane. Found it very hard to get going on the bike after the swim. Short of breath. I will work on the transitions for next time.
    Great event all round. Well organised and marshals were very helpful and encouraging. Perfect for a first race.

Wow thats a great time !

My swim was awful but my cycle and run were good enough, i was 1:50:51 and its a bulding block !

You should come and join the club !

Advertisement