Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunblock

Options
  • 03-04-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

What sunblock do folk here use for sports?

I recently used some Scape (http://www.scapelabs.com/) and it was brilliant stuff, looking to get my hands on some more for this summers racing. Haven't found it in ireland/europe yet.. but wondering if there's something equivalent thats good on water (wont all wash out inside your wetsuit) and doesnt sting your eyes when you start sweating?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I use parasol, it can be expensive but it's easily applied and will last the day, well worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

kingQuez wrote: »
    What sunblock do folk here use for sports?

I recently used some Scape (http://www.scapelabs.com/) and it was brilliant stuff, looking to get my hands on some more for this summers racing. Haven't found it in ireland/europe yet.. but wondering if there's something equivalent thats good on water (wont all wash out inside your wetsuit) and doesnt sting your eyes when you start sweating?

Long distance racing?

A few hotel shampoo bottles filled with suncream that you lash on when on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

tunney wrote: »
    Long distance racing?

A few hotel shampoo bottles filled with suncream that you lash on when on the go.

Disaster last time I tried it :)
    I'll admit that was mostly down to the sunscreen consistency (like water!).. probably works better if its the higher factor stuff that takes a while to get rubbed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

P20 / P30 works for me. Like the Parasol it goes on once and lasts all day. I'd still top up the face and shoulders with a factor 50 cream later on if I was out for more than a couple of hours.

...and I'm a freckly, pasty white red-head and generally have a burn time of about 5 minutes, in case you were wondering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Emer911 wrote: »
    ...and I'm a freckly, pasty white red-head and generally have a burn time of about 5 minutes, in case you were wondering :D
    Me too. I'm the kind of person that has been known to burn while shopping in town during the summer.

I used Boots Soltan Extreme SPF 30 for the Barcelona marathon, and used the SPF 50 stick on more sensitive parts (nose/back of neck etc). Didn't get sunburnt at all. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement