Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Dog-7 month old Boxer cross

Options
  • 03-04-2011 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

My dog went missing from outside the house in Culleenamore/Strandhill yesterday afternoon. He's still only a pup but a very big boy, looks like a fully grown large dog. He has a short brown coat and docked tail, hes also nuetered. He's very friendly and could have followed someone or been picked up. If anyone has seen him I would really appreciate it if you got in touch. We're very worried for him. His name is Hobo. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

micro chipped? have you rang ocean and the gardai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cailino

He's not micro-chipped unfortunatly, but yes the radio and guards have been called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

It would be worth putting this up on http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/
    Any new posts on that site get cross linked on other pet sites. If you have a photo put it up. I walk our two dogs regularly on Culleenamore.

Hope he is found.

Thanks for that Rhonin, I'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It's also worth putting a link in the lost and found animals section on here.
    Have a word with your local postman too. My friends dog went missing it was the postman that found him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Scroll down to Boris on this page, looks very much like your Hobo. It's possible that he was picked up and taken in by them. Worth a phonecall anyways! http://www.mayospca.com/index.php/homes-needed-for-animals
    Keep pestering sligo dog warden about him, don't just leave your number and presume he'l ring you if a similar dog comes in, ring everyday and ask him.

On any lost posters you put up highlight the fact that he's neutered, advertise a reward but don't say how much, and say he is on medication for an ongoing illness, just in case he was stolen.

dee o gee, thats not him, but thanks for posting and thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lunasa_lady

Cailino wrote: »
    My dog went missing from outside the house in Culleenamore/Strandhill yesterday afternoon. He's still only a pup but a very big boy, looks like a fully grown large dog. He has a short brown coat and docked tail, hes also nuetered. He's very friendly and could have followed someone or been picked up. If anyone has seen him I would really appreciate it if you got in touch. We're very worried for him. His name is Hobo. Thanks.

I saw a lovely dog like that today in Yeats Drive, top of Cranmore. He is very friendly. Is your dog wearing a collar?

Yes! He was wearing a black unmarked collar when he went missing.

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/4za96q

Is this the dog you saw?

• Advertisement

He's been returned safe and sound :) he's been having the time of riley with a lovely kind couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lunasa_lady

Cailino wrote: »
    He's been returned safe and sound :) he's been having the time of riley with a lovely kind couple.

I'm so glad he has been found. I've been feeding the other one. It turns out he belongs to someone and has been jumping the wall as my dog is now in heat :rolleyes:

Advertisement