Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Gig

Options
  • 03-04-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

I got my folks tickets for vicar street for a gig at start of march, needless to say they forgot all about them and today landed in and asked what date is the show!!! Is there anyway with all the luck in the world would ticketmaster do anything for me as the gig is on again for a week later this month, even if it was only to knock a few quid off new tickets, i dont think so but the OH is insisting i ring them

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Your right, Ticketmaster probably won't do anything as it isn't their fault your parents forgot about the gig, they aren't responsible for reminding the ticket holders when the gig is.

You could contact Ticketmaster and ask, but don't expect anything.

Legally, they don't have to do anything, but IF they do anything, it will be of goodwill and not because they have to.

Good luck anyway, let us know how you get on if you contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

TM only act as an agent for the promoter so they wouldn't have the ability to allow you free or reduced price access to other shows without the promoters agreement.

Suggest that you write a kind letter to the promoter. Include a copy of the tickets. You might sway them but there would be no guarantees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to Consumer Issues.

You're not going to get your money back on these. Certainly not from Ticketmaster, and they were the ones you paid so you have no contract with the promoter to ask them for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Afraid from reading this, it's all your own fault, and I can't see how Ticketmaster or anyone else will do anything for you.

Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

In December I couldn't attend a theatre show I booked due to heavy snow. I was told I couldn't get the money back as the show wasn't cancelled, but were allowing me to attend the following night as they weren't sold out. I had to cut my losses though!

It might be worth asking if it's possible to use those tickets for the next show, as it might not be sold out and they might be glad to get bums on seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

got no where with TM or AP but as both myself and everyone else thought there was never a chance i would have anyway, cheers for the replies

You could always just show up anyway.

A friend of mine had WWE tickets for the O2 (well.. the Point.. this was a few years ago). Got the tickets from ticketmaster. WWE do two shows when they come over, one each night, two nights in a row.

So my friend didn't realise her ticket was for the first night and went to the second one instead. Got in to the arena no problem at all, and the issue only dawned on her when someone was in her seats. She called event staff to one side and mentioned it and they seen the ticket mistake. Didn't kick her out or anything though, just moved her to some empty seats.

I doubt that'd work these days, as they electronically scan the tickets now I believe for the O2, so she may not have gotten past the door.

However, I've no idea how Vicar street operate as I've never been, but if they manually check the tickets on the way in, then it may be worth just popping along anyway and seeing what happens?

Worst case scenario is they don't get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

You could always just show up anyway.

A friend of mine had WWE tickets for the O2 (well.. the Point.. this was a few years ago). Got the tickets from ticketmaster. WWE do two shows when they come over, one each night, two nights in a row.

So my friend didn't realise her ticket was for the first night and went to the second one instead. Got in to the arena no problem at all, and the issue only dawned on her when someone was in her seats. She called event staff to one side and mentioned it and they seen the ticket mistake. Didn't kick her out or anything though, just moved her to some empty seats.

I doubt that'd work these days, as they electronically scan the tickets now I believe for the O2, so she may not have gotten past the door.

However, I've no idea how Vicar street operate as I've never been, but if they manually check the tickets on the way in, then it may be worth just popping along anyway and seeing what happens?

Worst case scenario is they don't get in?

You could give them a loan of your time machine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

ciaranmac wrote: »
    You could give them a loan of your time machine :)

Two weeks ago a friend booked the wrong night for the Kylie concert in the O2. He had a ticket for the Wed 23rd March show whereas he meant to book for the previous night. He just rocked up on the Tuesday and they let him in.

No need for time machines. It is possible.

Advertisement