Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film users and home developers - resources, tips, advice, help, ...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

milo1973 wrote: »
    For film, go here http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/ or Ebay, there are a number of ebay shops selling bricks of Ilford, Kodak, Fuji

Actually apropos of nothing, I would never even CONSIDER buying from fujilab. It's Fuji's own factory outlet, and yet 7dayshop SOMEHOW manages to sell practically everything considerably cheaper. I've never quite figured that out ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 milo1973

Actually apropos of nothing, I would never even CONSIDER buying from fujilab. It's Fuji's own factory outlet, and yet 7dayshop SOMEHOW manages to sell practically everything considerably cheaper. I've never quite figured that out ...

Fair enough. 7Day it is then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

jpb1974 wrote: »
    The AP tanks are better in many respects than the Paterson. I bought one recently and it's a lot less prone to leaks than the Paterson (of which I have two) which leak constantly.

Worth noting that the AP film reels are way, way better than the Paterson equivalents.
    thefizz wrote: »
    I have both patterson and AP tanks and neither of them leak. I also have the new AP film reels (Compact version) and find them great, better than any other brand I have used.

is this the one you guys have? this looks like a clone of it? i can see how it would be easier to load alright, specially 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭thefizz

Yes thats the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

For what its worth:

Camera Hasselblad & Kiev88 Ukraine copy. Nice to see them beside each other.

Film: 120 , usually Fomapan100 or Ilford SFX processed in Fomatol because its easy ,cheap, and temp tolerant!

E6 currently batch of Colour infrared under trial, but processing difficult where Im located, usually send abroad.

Scanner : Epson V750 (works best with linux xSane), the enclosed software is v bloaty and too slow.

Enlarger: Sold

Gave up on 35mm years ago. Shame, but dont have space for everything or the time.

Digital only in emergency or work related, avoid as much poss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

so my spanking new shiny AP compact tank arrived, and so far i've put both 35 and 120 through it and yeah, the reels are waaaaaaay easier to load. much less faffing about. the tank itself hasn't leaked so much as a drop yet so i'm happy, though it is a bit slower in pouring out the chems. so thanks so much for the recommendation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

telecinesk wrote: »

E6 currently batch of Colour infrared under trial, but processing difficult where Im located, usually send abroad.

You around dublin by any chance? I had some aerochrome developed in E6 today for 8 quid, no issue with infrared light in the tanks :) They take posted films too. PM me if you want details..

Advertisement