Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indians in douglas

Options
  • 03-04-2011 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

which is best???for delivery/taste etc.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

had takeaway from lal quila a few weeks back and it was top class i have to say. didn't use delivery service as was driving past..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Lal Quila (in my opinion) is gone down hill since they started showing signs of desperation offering [in addition to Indian], Chinese, Thai...whatever you're having yourself.
    They are trying to cater for all tastes but I was not impressed with the takeaway.
    They also messed up the order so double check your order on collection, I'd say it would have been well cold if I were to avail of their delivery service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Thread failed to deliver on exciting title :);)

stock-vector-a-cartoon-native-american-man-with-an-angry-expression-58506011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Haveli just by the corner of the tesco shopping center is one of the best indians I've been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Lal Quila isn't bad....even if they do have a crazy menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Avoid the Indian Delite like the plague, their delivery service is an absolute joke and the food wasnt worth the 90minute+ wait that I had.
    Havali is really nice but I've never gotten take away from there. Ive heard great things about Lal Quila but like other posters have said, the mix 'n' match menu is a bit off-putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah I second that about Indian Delite. It used to be nice but I had it last night and it was utter crap and when you're paying that much money then it needs to be at least "ok"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

JohnK wrote: »
    Yeah I second that about Indian Delite. It used to be nice but I had it last night and it was utter crap and when you're paying that much money then it needs to be at least "ok"

I don't know what happened that place. About 6/7 years ago it was top notch (it has a different name, Madras Palace?). But it's certainly cat now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I don't really agree with Lal Quila's new menu but it's still the best in Douglas (And maybe cork?)
    Haveli is a close second though and has a great vareity on the menu, lots of nice dishes most indians don't do.

Advertisement